This is why you don't mess with electricity.

Surprisingly, I'd recommend the cheap oscillating 30cm pedestal fans, mlg. Reason being, they're reasonably cheap and you're moving or keeping check on them on a daily basis. Whereas extraction fans don't usually get that sort of attention.

I usually kept a couple spare on hand. So whenever a fan started to slow, overheat or crap out any other way, it was quickly replaced.

Plants need that good steady breeze to help them form their sturdy structure so they can hold the weight of the buds when they come on and eventually mature. ;)

• Upvote 1

I'm paranoid about fires, in me house, and in me shed, cheap Chinese shit causes fires, power boards, fans, ballasts  doesn't matter what it is

there is NO QUALITY CONTROL in china, it is all pot luck, i check ALL my electrical shit on a daily basis, that's you know whether its getting hotter or not

had fans go 10 years, had them last less then a week, when in doubt throw them OUT

Just reading the article again, “diverting” power, doesn’t read to me like he was stealing its?

maybe some dodgy extension leads or something in to a cupboard or similar ?

Hey Billy,

In 'legal' terms 'diverting power' is in fact diverting around the metering system, it's theft. The legal jargon is:

It is an offence to do any of the following:

•Abstract or divert electricity from a power system; or

•Interfere with a meter or other device for measuring the consumption of electricity supplied by an electricity entity.

The maximum penalty for this offence is a fine of $20,000 or 2 years imprisonment

This legislation comes from section 85 of the Electricity Act 1996 (SA)