Cool tube

Just got a cool tube for my 315w lec because temps were getting up to 30-34c but now I kinda feel I’ve lost some light intensity, should I keep tube or persist with high temps ? Appreciate any advice,

Cooltube's will get dirty over time, and require cleaning periodically depending on how dusty the conditions. But considering it's a 315w, you'd probably better managing it the way pedro suggested. Wouldn't bother with Cooltube unless it was for a 600w HPS or above.

That said, you could run a simple test with a cheap lumen meter from ebay, or even some android apps in the Google Play store these days. I wouldn't expect them to be super accurate, but should be good enough for ball park figures. It'd be interesting how much you do lose with having the cooltube hooked up, compared the average reflector.

Edited by Indycar
  • Upvote 1

Hey coblepot,

just to weigh in, I use the 315s in cool tubes when it gets to hot and find them ok. With your size space a 315 should be plenty imo, I ran a single 315 in a cooltube in a 1.2m square tent and did ok. Not record breaking yeilds by any means but great quality and enough to be self sufficient. hope you find what works best for you :D

• Upvote 1

Hey coblepot,

just to weigh in, I use the 315s in cool tubes when it gets to hot and find them ok. With your size space a 315 should be plenty imo, I ran a single 315 in a cooltube in a 1.2m square tent and did ok. Not record breaking yeilds by any means but great quality and enough to be self sufficient. hope you find what works best for you :D

cool , good to know .. I dunno maybe I was too quick to judge what was happening, I flipped last Friday lights on 6pm -6 am on Tuesday I put cool tube in and on Wednesday she seemed to have stretched heaps so I figured I’d lost light intensity due to tube ?

Took cool tube out put hi par reflector back in , closed up it got to 39c , doors open about 30c ,going to give a 400w hps a go in tube

If you do, mate. And you have a android phone/device, download this Lux Meter and see how much drop off you have with cooltube, compared to normal reflector. It'd be some useful info to others if we ever got around to doing it collectively. :)