Should I worry about waste water having very high PPM?

Hi blue bucket, when growing in coco you want your ph and ppms/ec whichever meter you have, to be pretty much the same or less than whats going in. If its coming out stronger your getting a build up of nutrients in the coco. You need to flush with qtr strength solution until your runoff levels are less than what your putting in then start to feed as normal, i notmally do a qtr strength feed every 2nd or 3rd feed just to keep on top of build up. flushing with only phd water messes with the cation exchange capacity of the medium. Basically youll mess up the iron, cal and mag levels in the medium which will give you nutrient imbalances. youll probably throw the ph of the coco out as well which is a pain in the arse to re-buffer... hope this helps[emoji16] you can also use a product like h&g drip clean.... will help stop build up in coco.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Thanks Serrated Edge and Dr Argon .. your advice has been invaluable.  I'm unwell and have found it physically hard setting up and maintaining hydro system, very stressful too!  I've totally flushed the hell out of my plants now and am using less nutes .. almost half of what I was using (was following manufacturer's recommendations).  I really need my crop not to fail as I don't want to go back to taking the medications I was that had awful side effects.  I have a rare auto-immune disorder which has been worsening as I get older (and I'm not old yet) and nothing I was taking worked .. not ashamed to say I was suicidal and had planned my own death.  By pure luck I tried some cannabis, I think it was resin .. and then I was getting CBD oil from Nimbin .. and both worked like magic for chronic severe nausea .. even could sleep through an entire night for first time in years.  It's not some miracle cure and hasn't lessened all my symptoms, but has taken the edge off my suffering which enables me to cope .. which is good enough for me.  As I don't know 'contacts' to get cannabis and no longer drive long distances, I need to ration myself all the time, meaning I go without a lot .. which is why your advice was so appreciated, as soon I may not have to go without all the time.  Thanks so much again .. if I could hug you both I would, sincerely Deb aka. bluebucket

Hey BlueBucket, hope the grow is going well for you ,   but I had the same problem , & with the same nutes   CYCO  , I just couldn't control the RO  PPM's, in the end , I was down to 1/4 strength of recommended ……...never get this problem with Canna Coco a+b , ……...so I just blamed the nutes Cyco    & I was using  House & Garden drip clean every water  to stop the build up, …………..ive read quite a few comments on the Cyco range , in various forums , & there isn't huge praise for them

Maybe I wasn't allowing enough runoff for the berry .. it's the biggest plant.  Will take your advice and give a good flush tomorrow morning and reduce her nutes by 30%.  Thanks Serrated Edge .. it's good to have someone to 'bounce' off as I'm new to this and am still learning stuff .. thank goodness they are tough plants!   This grow will be better than my first attempt, but still got my training wheels on and get nervous, so appreciate your advice.

Flush using cyco kleanse if possible, otherwise plain water ( you dont need to pH ) At 5wks of flower feed at 1200 ppm , runoff should be 9-1200. Mix up Per litre 3ml Bloom A add stir, 3ML Bloom B add stir, Swell 2.5ml  add stir, Take a ppm reading & dilute if needed. Guessing its bore water

Hi , you are doing well, exactly how i do it. Cyco is very good product, are you using kleanse weekly ? That one plant might not eat as much & water @ 400ppm wouldnt help. If you follow the cyco chart then dilute down to the ec you want.Flush weekly & by the end of week 7 youll be in flush mode

This is a good resource......   https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/watering_coco/    please read.