Ready or Not?

So I'm just reaching week 7 here but I'm noticing some of the trichomes turning amber.

From what I'm reading, this is prime time to harvest. I haven't flushed or anything yet but I'm wondering if it's wise to wait much longer.

Can I get some advice on whether or not to harvesting now would be too early or if I should go for gold?

Thanks guys

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

post-62787-151874079649_thumb.png

When to harvest, that's a good question.

There's been a theory that's been bantered around for some years now in regards to harvesting. It goes a little bit like this..

If you're wanting to aquire a more uplifting stone, they suggest to pull it a little early while a majority are still clear. And if you're looking for a heavier couchlock stone they say to prolong the harvest until most are amber, and before the THC and/or CBD starts to break down and diminish.

As I said, it's still an unproven theory to me, but one I've been happy to try a few times. Admittedly though, I've never noticed the difference. So yeah, that's something may consider or scrap entirely. :D

Personally though, 7 weeks is usually the minimum, but that depends whether it's a quick finisher. A good ball park figure is around the 8-9 weeks with most hybrids.

7 weeks in.. You can't go too wrong either way, mate. :)

• Upvote 1

When to harvest, that's a good question.

There's been a theory that's been bantered around for some years now in regards to harvesting. It goes a little bit like this..

If you're wanting to aquire a more uplifting stone, they suggest to pull it a little early while a majority are still clear. And if you're looking for a heavier couchlock stone they say to prolong the harvest until most are amber, and before the THC and/or CBD starts to break down and diminish.

As I said, it's still an unproven theory to me, but one I've been happy to try a few times. Admittedly though, I've never noticed the difference. So yeah, that's something may consider or scrap entirely. :D

Personally though, 7 weeks is usually the minimum, but that depends whether it's a quick finisher. A good ball park figure is around the 8-9 weeks with most hybrids.

7 weeks in.. You can't go too wrong either way, mate. :)

Thanks Indycar. Really appreciate that.

The theory you outlined is exactly what I've been seeing. It's good to know that you've never seen a big difference. I won't be so anxious about it now.

Might start flushing now and give it a week or 2.

He's saying the trychomes on the bud will give you a better indicator then the trychomes on ya leaf there...

Misread that. Thanks Tunkers

• Upvote 1