Cheap DIY Grow Kit?

You can still buy it, 75/25 mix or a bag on its own , got a bag of 75/25 i'm using now, don't tell me its poisonous,

fuck it back to areoponics, still the quickest and best way to grow, except for dirt, fucking to hard to get them outside in the sun tho

When you say aeroponics Pedro, you talking high pressure?

You can still buy it, 75/25 mix or a bag on its own , got a bag of 75/25 i'm using now, don't tell me its poisonous,

fuck it back to areoponics, still the quickest and best way to grow, except for dirt, fucking to hard to get them outside in the sun tho 

I had a bag of that blend as well for years in the shed, never mustered up the courage to use it though. It was in a bag similar to what the bean bag foam balls come in (long, skinny), which eventually broke down and busted open. Pissed it off to the dump once that happened.

The thought of using it never sat well with me.

Nah not really, high enough that i can tell when one of the sprayers isn't working tho, need enough pressure to smash the sprayed water of the side of the tubs

not dribbling out like an old bloke/lady/trannie's piss

When I was trying aero, I didn't see any improved root growth over dwc. Seemed to be more hassle then it was worth.

If it was high pressure, I'd be interested to see how it was setup and what the roots were like

The cheapest setup i have done would be some of my 1st ones when i 1st got into indoors.

I started off with a 2 door robe with a 2nd had 400w hps from a hock shop, if i remember rite it cost me less than 200 up and running but that was with out smell controll.

I have worked my way up from there, nothing wrong with going 2nd hand to get ya going only thing i would buy new would be odour controll...

• Upvote 1

When I was trying aero, I didn't see any improved root growth over dwc. Seemed to be more hassle then it was worth.

If it was high pressure, I'd be interested to see how it was setup and what the roots were like

much less hassle then what i'm doing now, less to go wrong to

by improved you mean quicker ?, done right you are probably right, not many get DWC right from what i've seen, ya got to run the right system for your local environment 

DWC works great in a cold wet shithole like Holland not so good in a hot fantastic shithole like most of OZ, without spending $$$

remember i'm still living in the 80's tho so probably completely wrong lol lol

Pedro is a tightarse (note the correct spelling of arse young fuckers) cheaper to build and run the better i reckon 

when i fire it up again, only take a hour or two build (probably take all day),  might post a pic or two

Controversy Surrounding Vermiculite

Vermiculite for gardening sounds safe, simple and effective, and it is - with one catch. Some vermiculite may contain trace amounts of asbestos. Before you throw away your bags of vermiculite or potting soil, you should know a few things about this situation.

Most contaminated vermiculite came from a mine near Libby, Montana, that supplied about 70 percent of all the vermiculite sold in the United States for most of the 20th century. In the late 1990's, the mine was shut down when it was discovered that the rocks from which the vermiculite was mined also contained asbestos, and the asbestos fibers were contaminating the vermiculite. Asbestos creates tiny fibers that float in the air and when inhaled can damage the lungs.

After the Libby Mine closed, vermiculite was difficult to obtain because so much of the supply was cut off abruptly. Vermiculite for gardening became more difficult to find and perlite took its place in many potting mixes.

Today, mines in South Africa, China and other parts of the world produce safe vermiculite for home use. It's still hard to find in the big box stores but local garden centers frequently carry small bags.

• Upvote 3