Soil vs coco

And their should be no waiting to water with coco, its a hydroponic medium you need to feed everyday. At full saturation coco has a much higher 02 levels than h20 levels..... plenty of studies have proved this. Thats what makes it such a good medium. If you treat it like soil and let it dry between feeds..... youll end up with nutrient imbalances, salt build up and ph fluctuations..... just will be a ahit fight start to finish.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

you know your shit dr., still think air is the best grow medium, less to go wrong, no temp problems, growth rate beats every thing else hands down

except for Chrystal's coco grows, that's to be expected being how he is a master grower, and we are mere mortals lol lol

at the moment i'm using a mix of perlite vermiculite and a little bit of coco + some recycled soil n shit from previous grows, run to waste, lol lol occasionally

l flush when i remember to do it

water every morning 

Edited by pedro de pacas
  • Upvote 2

you know your shit dr., still think air is the best grow medium, less to go wrong, no temp problems, growth rate beats every thing else hands down

except for Chrystal's coco grows, that's to be expected being how he is a master grower, and we are mere mortals lol lol

Haha i like to read.... a lot, then put it to pratice in my garden..... dont get me wrong I've made every possible fuck up i could along the way and probably many more to come. im a big believer in learning from mistakes and moving forwards though. No i think chrystals garden is a perfect example of what anyone can do if you pay attention to the details. But yes a very impressive grow!!

Edited by dr.argon

at the moment i'm using a mix of perlite vermiculite and a little bit of coco + some recycled soil n shit from previous grows, run to waste, lol lol occasionally

l flush when i remember to do it

water every morning

And yes areoponics is very cool.... i have a friend here in W.A with a small vertical vortex garden ....haha i think thats what its called...... it holds around 30 very small plants and he hangs a 600wtt bulb vertically in the middle. He has good runs and bad runs from it, like any setup. Its not good enough to make me swap methods though.... once you get the hang of coco its a very easy and low maintenance setup especially if ypu hand water [emoji16]

Haha ive pulled an lb off one plant a few times using only a 28L pot in coco/perlite.... one 600w hps per plant, ive tried adding more plants in the same space, like 6 plants in only 18L pots but the yeild was more or less the same and its less hassle with only 2-3 plants . Im moving to leds now though just bought an hlg 550 quantum board

Theres an American bloke on another forum getting 8-10 oz per plant in only a 20L pot under a "nextlight mega" led 1000w hps replacement..... with only 3-4 weeks of veg from seed.

Edited by dr.argon

Yeah could get 2 lb per tub, all depends how big you get them before you flip em,

tell you what, lets see how much i can get off one tub two plants one 600 w hps, over winter, just for a laugh

probably embarrass me self and get 1/2 a pound, lol

Haha why be embarrassed mate id be happy with half a pound of quality off a plant.....

It all depends on the strain to mate the two strains I hit the lb per plant were very high yeiding strains.... im happy with 8-12 oz per plant with a 600 over it, anything more is a bonus!! Keeps me happy and gets me through till next harvest [emoji16]