Soil vs coco

Fucking geewiz what a whole bunch of ranting going on in here!! I was actually curious about the topic but after an hour of pissing myself I forgot what I was reading about. What’s the best way to 100percent eliminate gnats in a coco grow I’m done being nice to the little fucks!!

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

I like eco neem, made as a spray to get the adults....just avoid spraying in late flower... then you should be able to get a scarid fly drench from your local hydro shop will get any larvae and eggs in the coco... they are a constant battle when growing in coco haha, well here in W.A they are anyway .....little fuckers[emoji16] they will greatly impact your harvest amounts if you let them get out of control!!

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I like eco neem, made as a spray to get the adults....just avoid spraying in late flower... then you should be able to get a scarid fly drench from your local hydro shop will get any larvae and eggs in the coco... they are a constant battle when growing in coco haha, well here in W.A they are anyway .....little fuckers[emoji16] they will greatly impact your harvest amounts if you let them get out of control!!

And that is why i'm going back to Areo, fucking Fungus Nats, had swarms of the fuckers last year

And that is why i'm going back to Areo, fucking Fungus Nats, had swarms of the fuckers last year

Haha i think ive had every pest and nutrient prob you could possibly get over the years..... i like to think of it as character building[emoji38] [emoji38] the worst ive encountered were root aphids those little fuckers make spidermites look like childs play!!

Has anyone tried just clay balls ? I see it in hydro stores often.

Ive tried almost every medium and potting mix knowen to man.... they all have their good and bad sides... the expanded clay balls work much the same as perlite, and are suited to a recirculating hydro system. You can have them in big pots, DWC, set up a big nft system (plastic guttering) with the balls in small baskets. Theres a lot of different setups you could use them in. These systems are good but you have to watch it a lot more especially if your using hps lights.... if your feeding pump dies or the feeder rings block up.... you can cook a mature plants root system in a matter of hours.

Edited by dr.argon

It's a lot of fucking around with coco ,,,and in coco ,,for how long are the roots aerated ? Not too long cause it stays saturated then you've got to wait till you think it's right . It's a bit hard without X-ray vision . Oh lift the pot .yeh sure,that'd help the scrog guys.and big pots with big plants.

Seen to often peeps want advice on keeping it simple .

Then they get advised to use Coco ,then they hit this problem of getting the moisture right .often problems snowball from there.

So I reckon it's crap ,Especially compared to perlite . Use perlite and you can water as often as you want knowing the roots are getting

plenty of essential oxygen. But people still recomend coco all the time.

Coco naturally holds 20% oxygen and is almost impossible to over water, the maintenance on coco is very low if your doing it right , I work away fifo and my system looks after its self while Iam away at work ,I just get the misses to pop her head in the tent every 3-4 days and lift the light if needed I have 2 x 200 ltr drums which run to waist and supply enough nutes to all the plants with 20% run off I never get salt build up and I never get ph lock out what I get is big solid rock hard nugs with huge yields and minimal maintenance ...

I have been growing for 20 yrs and I’ve grown in dirt, turbo tanks, perlite, vermiculite , coco , I’ve grown recirculating, flood and drain and run to waist and coco run to waste is by far the easiest lowest maintenance Best quality I’ve been personally able to achieve and that’s why I grow this method

• Upvote 1