PTSD Success!

SirLipton

Question

Hey All,

New here, joined the 420 Crew cause I browse a lot and figured I’d give back.

There are other threads with a similar vibe but any who, having just left the military and battling with my own demons has anyone found success in effectively treating PTSD / Depression?

What strains?

Vaping/edibles?

How long till condition manageable without need for canna?

Pharma is getting real old, real quick. Prolonged use of these legal drugs are destroying me, the only answer given by pshychiatrists is to UP the dose (which honestly just makes things worse)

Also what’s the deal with craigslist/wickr bullshit. I’ve been out of the game for years but it’s getting near silly to get on.

TLDR: How and what did you use to effectively treat PTSD?

i'm def no expert but

i wouldn't be putting all my eggs in the one canna basket , totally relying on canna to do all the good that you need 

is prob not wise i would think & is possibly setting yourself up for disappointment

this Joe Rogan pod cast you should find interesting hopefully https://youtu.be/9jN6eBH8CFc it seems they start at

hormone levels & correcting that first , they are also looking at issues that military guys have though the eyes of TBI 

traumatic brain injury , now traumatic sounds traumatic but doesn't always turn out to be traumatic , a lill bump on the 

head that hurt for 10 min & was forgotten about could be all it takes for a TBI & it's flow on effect in the body long term 

these guys seem to be getting results with there treatment 

• Upvote 2

+100 Itchy, I couldn't agree more.

A moderate motor vehicle accident some 40+yr ago has caused a lifetime of trauma related symptoms for me and the lack of knowledge regarding the brain has compounded the resulting effects.

If, for example, you take your computer open it up and throw a handful of tinfoil flakes onto the circuitry, what's going to happen? The results are numerous and NOBODY can say with any surety exactly what can/will occur. And in real basic terms, that's just like a TBI. The brain is one of the most complex devices known and ANY impact/injury MUST have an effect.

SirLipton,

You ask "How and what did you use to effectively treat PTSD?" That's a "How long is a piece of string?" sort of question, there are simply too many variables.

Two people can have exactly the same impact/injury but have vastly differing results and the same goes for treatments. What may be a 'miracle cure' for one individual maybe of minimal use to another. I have had the misfortune of seeing numerous drs from professors of neurology to the common old GPs. I have been used as a pharma guinea pig by many of them ie "Here, try these meds... ...ohh that didn't help... ...then try these..." None of them have had any concrete solutions/answers and I have found it's been a case of 'mix'n'match' as to what works and when.

For me, personally, canna has not been the miracle cure that many profess BUT it has assisted in minimising the amount of pharma crap the dr's want to feed me. Some of the side effects of the pharmas are just awful and the less of them I take the better off it is for me. Don't get me wrong here, I do find I still need the pharma meds to manage symptoms but at way less dosages than recommended.

Merl1n

• Upvote 1

Cannabis has proven itself as an effective medication for people with PTSD

I hope that the laws in Queensland and nation wide change to allow PTSD sufferers access to the holy plant.

Peace.

The laws have changed. Medicinal has been legalised but we are still waiting for product and foctors to overcome stigma and prescribe it...

i'm def no expert but

i wouldn't be putting all my eggs in the one canna basket , totally relying on canna to do all the good that you need

is prob not wise...

this Joe Rogan pod cast you should find interesting hopefully...

100% agree itchy, I guess I was posting from a place of desperation. With the amount of pharma I’ve been on with next to no effect, and the only option from psychs to UP the dose, it’s gets tiresome. I’d go as far as saying a chance encounter with canna potentially saved my life. Now to get my mates (straighty 180’s) on board.

But sweet f*** balls that podcast!! Joe and the team have literally taken the issue and flipped it so it makes sense, Cheers.

... I have been used as a pharma guinea pig by many of them ie "Here, try these meds... ...ohh that didn't help... ...then try these..." ...

Can I get an Amen! I understand and sympathise with you 100% it’s almost as if the pros think that if they can numb you enough with “acceptable” side effects they’ve done their job.

In the second part of my post (due to lack of official research) I’ve been trying to figure out the most optimum strain for this type of issue that can be easily dosed/managed at home. Strains aren’t a thing were I live (as far as I know) so I may have to resort to growing.

The laws have changed. Medicinal has been legalised but we are still waiting for product and foctors to overcome stigma and prescribe it...

I’ve done a bit of reading into this. As far as I’m aware, it’s medicinal use is limited to those who suffer from and/or are currently in a terminal/life threatening condition.

Not saying it’s a bad thing, in fact it’s awesome there’s any progress at all! But we seem to only be utilising an insignificant amount of what largely is a very beneficial treatment.

100% agree itchy, I guess I was posting from a place of desperation. With the amount of pharma I’ve been on with next to no effect, and the only option from psychs to UP the dose, it’s gets tiresome. I’d go as far as saying a chance encounter with canna potentially saved my life. Now to get my mates (straighty 180’s) on board.

But sweet f*** balls that podcast!! Joe and the team have literally taken the issue and flipped it so it makes sense, Cheers.

good luck mate 

was not saying don't use canna just don't solely use it as a means to an end 

there's lots of benefit to just "feeling good" which is one of the things canna can help do 

it can def help in many many ways but don't think one size fits all with this issue 

but it does seem to be a stepping stone to reducing pharma meds for lots of people 

+100 Itchy, I couldn't agree more.

A moderate motor vehicle accident some 40+yr ago has caused a lifetime of trauma related symptoms for me and the lack of knowledge regarding the brain has compounded the resulting effects.

If, for example, you take your computer open it up and throw a handful of tinfoil flakes onto the circuitry, what's going to happen? The results are numerous and NOBODY can say with any surety exactly what can/will occur. And in real basic terms, that's just like a TBI. The brain is one of the most complex devices known and ANY impact/injury MUST have an effect.

SirLipton,

You ask "How and what did you use to effectively treat PTSD?" That's a "How long is a piece of string?" sort of question, there are simply too many variables.

Two people can have exactly the same impact/injury but have vastly differing results and the same goes for treatments. What may be a 'miracle cure' for one individual maybe of minimal use to another. I have had the misfortune of seeing numerous drs from professors of neurology to the common old GPs. I have been used as a pharma guinea pig by many of them ie "Here, try these meds... ...ohh that didn't help... ...then try these..." None of them have had any concrete solutions/answers and I have found it's been a case of 'mix'n'match' as to what works and when.

For me, personally, canna has not been the miracle cure that many profess BUT it has assisted in minimising the amount of pharma crap the dr's want to feed me. Some of the side effects of the pharmas are just awful and the less of them I take the better off it is for me. Don't get me wrong here, I do find I still need the pharma meds to manage symptoms but at way less dosages than recommended.

Merl1n

thanks for sharing merl