I'm having a bit of a problem...

I'm having a bit of a problem being in a suburban block my girl is getting a bit too big not that I'm complaining about a big plant but are starting to get over the fence now I have been training it and pulling it down and doing this and doing that and keep tightening it and stretching it but the more I keep pulling it open and my son gets in it seems to be growing taller and taller once again can't complain but I'm running out of options of tying it down as nearly the whole plant from the bottom branches to the top colours are starting to get to that height as well question is how bendy are the plants when growing I do re-tighten to keep the bend going but with all the rain and that could it be putting too much pressure and stress on the plant and it is only just turning to flower so any ideas would be good don't really want to be doing any major pruning as I had 5 originally and got for males thank you in advance for any help

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I have got Support Systems everywhere but the more and supporting it and opening it and stretching it and like you said run it like a vine it seems to be getting more sun in the middle and seems to be wanting to grow more like I said can't complain but not too sure about the neighbours behind me and this side of me one side sweet and it's not like I can get out there with a hammer and make a structure to support everything I have got probably 12 bamboo Stakes from base up and they're way too small tomorrow I'm going to a place where they know where there is lots of bamboo and I'm going to cut down as much as I can and maybe replace all the smaller ones with some bigger ones and then Thai some sort of structure down but like I said in original post the more I put it down and do this and open it up and stretch it it seems to want to grow more you probably wouldn't hear this very often but I'm getting a bit scared of the size of it in where it is thank you for your help like I said any help better than no help but yes thank you for your help we'll go to the place I know where some bamboo is and cut some of the real long long medium size shoots and it's only just turning as I am in the Brisbane area

So you think it's ok to do a bit of a prune back of all the big shade leaves and some of the sugar leaves and it should slow it up a little bit I'm just worried about all the directions I've had to pull it that's all I have had to push them down once before I actually stood on the base of this 10 minutes nap and it still grew but not this time how do I send private messages and you give me a bit of heads up wouldn't mind sending you a private message and maybe a photo you can give me some ideas

Mark .just keep in mind that now is the time a lot of plants are going through their stretch phase ,coming into bud .

So soon enough she'll concentrate on flowering more than stretching.

If your still having trouble getting those thicker branches to bend have a google at Supercropping thick branches ,you'll need pliers and a cloth around the stem as you use them .any bend you get will heal and stay bent instead of wanting to spring back.

Might sound a bit rough on the plant but if done ok the plants don't seem to suffer much ,,just try one branch ,,if it helps then do more.

Another rough method is to lean her over to one side and drop a sheet of concrete mesh on her and weigh each corner down with a besser brick*. Over the course of a few days spread out the branches as it settles down and lays lower. It'll eventually grow up through the mesh again.

They can take a bit of a roughing up. ;)

*8 bricks preferably, one in each corner on the ground, lay the mesh over the plant, and then another brick on each corner on top of the mesh to weigh it down. So you got the gap of one besser brick between the ground and the mesh.