Soil

keep the seed/seedling mixture moist but not wet - best way to do this is to make another little pot (without a seed) ... feel the weight without water .... now water it until run off ... feel the weight again - now you have the minimum and the maximum weight. a nice moist weight is about half way in between min and max.

once the seedling mix is moist ... don't water again for some time. the soil mix at this stage will only dry out from evorapation - from light and heat. the seedlings will feed from the leaves to start with until they grow roots, so won't be using water from the soil mix.

at this stage, just water the soil only to keep it moist (not wet), but water from your spray bottle from a distance, so it doesn't disturb anything. they don't need much spray/water at all.

hope that makes sense

Not so good if you have dogs, they'll try and dig to china looking for blood and bone lol i had a bad experience once lol

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Copy that.

Had a few potted up with brunnings tomato mix. Something dug to end of pot. Lost one.

Saved the other that was partially dug.

There's blood n bone in that mix.

Cos I didn't add it, it being a component of the bagged mix, i didn't think it would be as strong.

I was wrong.

hey og:)

congrats on the sprouts.

the perlite, vermiculite and peat moss mix doesn't have too many nutrients in it, but luckily seedlings don't need anything for some time. until they develop a root system, they will feed from their leaves - basically, the roots will search out for food after the cotyledon (first leaves) is exhausted (turns yellow). i would not start adding any nutrients until you see the cotyledon turn yellow - just spray the leaves and soil with good filtered water. this is the most dangerous time for little sprouts ... there is a tendency to over feed and over water them - if this happens they start to go yellow (the true leaves that is) and unfortunately, many growers think this means that they need more nutrients. if your pots are quite small, i would suggest waiting until you see a few roots coming out of the bottom of the pots, then transplant into a lovely balanced soil mix that will provide basically everything the plant will need - a 1/3 quality vermicompost (worm casting), 1/3 peat moss (well soaked) and 1/3 aeration (you could use perlite, lava rock or pumice). the link that itchybromusic posted on another thread, provides heaps of excellent info and a good step by step guide:

or to this thread & it's first post on another forum https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/no-till-gardening-revisited.1400505/

be careful though .... lol ... it could lead you to a wonderful and all consuming new path.:)

ps: this is information passed on ... all kudos go to kalyx for walking me through this stage. :)

no worries OG ... anytime mate ... glad to help. there are heaps of growers here with more experience, but just give me a shout out, if you have any questions.:)

Cheers looks like ones gone not sure what happened tho it fell over and that was it! The other on is good I moved to a bigger pot! Hopefully will kick on! I'll post a pic later

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app