Cooler growing

I use a $10 reject shop 60lt tub sprayed black... my ladies are going fine. That's not a cheap esky

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

The poor fella clearly had issues keeping res cool in his environment. That's awesome it works for you, but I know if I did that in a room that wasn't temp controlled I'd have serious issues.

What are temps like in your reservoir?

The poor fella clearly had issues keeping res cool in his environment. That's awesome it works for you, but I know if I did that in a room that wasn't temp controlled I'd have serious issues.

What are temps like in your reservoir?

I went to this from a black tub

Put a thermometer in there or send me a pic of your root system

I went to this from a black tub

Put a thermometer in there or send me a pic of your root system

How are yours travelling with the Esky bro? Still holding well? Even in an a/c controlled coolroom my tub sits at 23-24°C

I understand RDWC is easier to control if res is outside of tent / room but straight DWC can be a real bitch

Can't say I have, Tunks. But I did run two pumps in my reservoir. One for supply to bucket/s, and one to aerate the res with a makeshift fountain head.

Used a couple of pumps like this..

http://hydro4u.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/PUMP-WATER-PUMP-AQUA-ONE-105-2500-L-600x600.jpg

I've used a water pump like that before for brewing tea and it warmed up the water a fair bit. I'll have to do a bit of a search I think...

Mate I just have one big air pump servicing both my tanks, it’s running 20l a minute, that’s all I use, no pumps etc.

The bubbles cause pretty decent circulation and help keep the roots pristine, bubbling off the dead shit

I don’t have enough room to do an external reservoir, that would be best, especially in veg stage as the top of the esky gets pretty hot

At this point in a shed in 40 degree heat, I am holding 22-23 with the addition of only 500ml of ice a day

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

I've used a water pump like that before for brewing tea and it warmed up the water a fair bit. I'll have to do a bit of a search I think...

Never had an issue with heat. Even had to throw a heater in during the Winter months. First I've heard of that issue, mate.

As for aerators/air pumps, and trialing them for many years with RDWC. I found the cheap one's were better economy in the long run. As the bigger ones that could do the entire system burnt out just as quick as the cheap ones. Plus, the bonus of having one air pump to each bucket, it would only be a concern to that one bucket, and not the whole system when they do eventually shit themselves. A $10-$12 pump per plant will get you by. On average, I would replace 2 per each grow due to complete failure or lose the ability to pump enough air effectively.

Something like this, just as long as it pumps at least 120 litres per hour. The one below is meant to be good for 160LH

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server2400/xchnvtgo/products/792/images/10036/10047__31812.1505754421.330.330.jpg?c=2

Edited by Indycar