compost

sorry kalm but that's not quite right either mate , dead or dried up leaves makes no diff to the nutrients held in the leaf 

it's either had the nutrients consumed by the plant B4 discarding it or the nutrients are still there dead , dried or anything you'd like to call it 

with the amount of poo used your absolutely correct the green matter will have not a great deal of impact on the total N 

in composting you want some nutrient readily available to plants , they become available to plant via there consumption

by microorganisms which is the main objective with using compost , the microorganisms      

i think what your saying is you've made this work for you & that's what' it's all about , making it work for you in your environment 

& if your happy with your final product , then that's a job well done  

Cow poo 7 bags(feed bags) fresh you can smell the urine

Chook poo what ever i get out of my chooks..aprox 2-3 kg slightly composted already

Duck poo 3-4KG

Worm poo 10-15 Kg my own farm

Also brew worm tea with awsome results

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Thanks KALM we can work with that, just divide it all by whatever amount but how much soil are u using?

sorry kalm but that's not quite right either mate , dead or dried up leaves makes no diff to the nutrients held in the leaf

it's either had the nutrients consumed by the plant B4 discarding it or the nutrients are still there dead , dried or anything you'd like to call it

with the amount of poo used your absolutely correct the green matter will have not a great deal of impact on the total N

in composting you want some nutrient readily available to plants , they become available to plant via there consumption

by microorganisms which is the main objective with using compost , the microorganisms

i think what your saying is you've made this work for you & that's what' it's all about , making it work for you in your environment

& if your happy with your final product , then that's a job well done

yeah I'm happy but all ways open to try new things and listen to good info..things can only get better and to be improved on..

this is just the way i do it works well in my environment anything else I've tried (store bought) just doesn't seem to compare..soi stick with what works....

wats your recipe itchy [emoji3]

yeah I'm happy but all ways open to try new things and listen to good info..things can only get better and to be improved on..

this is just the way i do it works well in my environment anything else I've tried (store bought) just doesn't seem to compare..soi stick with what works....

wats your recipe itchy [emoji3]

most of wat i use i mulch hay not a feed n the leaves die on the trees then fall so I'd say not alot left in them nutrients sucked out before they drop...

my soil recipe 

soil mix base = 1/3 peat , 1/3 aeration & 1/3 compost or castings or 50/50 of both 

amendments = kelp , neem , crab shell , gypsum , basalt , bio char , malted barley powder 

that's it ,

don't use poo apart from castings , however if the poo was from my farm animals or i know the source & how they look after there animals 

i would def use it but would use it via some sort of composting first , as i said B4 , what go's in one end of a worm always comes out better at the rear end 

in that pic is your poo compost just top dressed or mixed into the local dirt 

• Upvote 1

my soil recipe

soil mix base = 1/3 peat , 1/3 aeration & 1/3 compost or castings or 50/50 of both

amendments = kelp , neem , crab shell , gypsum , basalt , bio char , malted barley powder

that's it ,

don't use poo apart from castings , however if the poo was from my farm animals or i know the source & how they look after there animals

i would def use it but would use it via some sort of composting first , as i said B4 , what go's in one end of a worm always comes out better at the rear end

in that pic is your poo compost just top dressed or mixed into the local dirt

mixed in.