No Till , Organic Living Soil Schedule , Buildasoil.com

Hey itch, I know an old thread but I'm trying to get my ass into gear, shit weather and the flu has set me back in my prep, what would I expect to outlay cash wise to build some soil from scratch, i have compost on the go still a while away though id say. and plenty of coco, will have to buy basically everything else though, so just trying to weigh up whether I wanna wax my cash building soil or if it's gunna make more sense to just buy some no till soil this year and get make my own next year.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

hey pap 

depends on how much soil your talking of buying , at $90-100 for 25lt OGS soil mix is well up there in price 

prob be a great mix but that's a lill pricey for me https://www.organicgardeningsolutions.com.au/collections/compost-mixes

what are you thinking of , larger pots or in the ground ?

This year probably only 1 pot plus a couple autos running from now until next winter. So maybe only 200-300 litres

hey pap

depends on how much soil your talking of buying , at $90-100 for 25lt OGS soil mix is well up there in price

prob be a great mix but that's a lill pricey for me https://www.organicgardeningsolutions.com.au/collections/compost-mixes

what are you thinking of , larger pots or in the ground ?

This year probably only 1 pot plus a couple autos running from now until next winter. So maybe only 200-300 litres

1 large pot , sweet 

i just grabbed a 30gal geopot , about 150lt , as soon as i can get another pair of hands to help for about 10min to put a new cover on the hoop house 

i'll get that 30gal under it & filled , like you , it should have been done weeks ago 

homemade compost or castings are def best so maybe buy this years mix

as mentioned with ogs mix , just too expensive , soooooooo

can you get Canna Terra Pro & what bagged compost &/or castings can you get your hands on 

what about scoria 7mm http://www.soilworx.com.au/shop/gravel-and-aggregates/drainage/7mm-Drainage-Scoria_1.html or something for drainage 

that would work on it's own or use that as the base , 1part CTP , 1 part bagged compost/castings & 1 part scoria , so far that be cheaper than the ogs mix i think , maybe not as good , Yet ! 

what you think 

• Upvote 1

Hi guys, haven't been on for ages sorry but enjoyed reading all this soil talk. Thanks. And special thanks to itchy who motivated me to stick with soil after a brief and expensive hydro failer. So much easier with soil I've found. I've had great success, will get some photos happening. And I didn't spend heaps either. Just some cheap bunnings soil, manure, some even cheaper Woolworths potting mix and a few things like crushed scoria which I do myself between two bricks.

Still using the same soil a year later, this time indoors under timber lights cob led and I'm seriously amazed at what I've got happening under less than 200W. I put it all down to my soil and worm farm and reading itchybromusic's posts.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

hey inthewoods

cheers for the kind words mate

it's good to here growing is going well for you &

of cause would love to see some pic's of your work

thanks again mate

all the best &

good growing to ya

This was the alo I brought back to life. You might remember it. And some strawberry plants that did ok not great. Corn was no good but grew fast and lush. Something ate all the corn inside the husk tho so that was disappointing but whatever it was must have liked it [emoji4]

Then I had an outdoor crop with seeds from sss that went well and I bred one with a male bag seed, now about 2 weeks away from the daughter being ready with a few clones set aside. This time round it's even frostier I think. Will get more pics of old phone soonpost-61528-153510700856_thumb.jpegpost-61528-153510706387_thumb.jpegpost-61528-153510711115_thumb.jpegpost-61528-153510712875_thumb.jpegpost-61528-15351071404_thumb.jpegpost-61528-153510715426_thumb.jpeg

Here's the indoor atm, I prob should have thinned more but I'm loving watching the sugar coated mint forming, every day gets more. Even some of the fan leaves look like mint lollies at the base good enough to eat. I'm getting impatient so I tried some leave tips and it was the best leaf I've ever had. Amazing taste and they ignite like an explosion once dry and glassy diamond coated goodness. Can't wait to try the budpost-61528-153510795423_thumb.jpegpost-61528-153510798014_thumb.jpegpost-61528-153510800751_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Inthewoods

i do remember the aloe mate & she's looking real good 

so good your ready to divide them up & make more plants 

by the look of it 

i think i remember reading strawberries were originally discovered under the stories of trees 

which means they most likely enjoy a more fungal dominate soil for what it's worth 

those girls look great mate , & def have the sugar coated mint leaves look , used to love mint leaves 

unless they had been round for a while & gone hard but soft mint leaves , yum 

good on ya mate , enjoy the fruits of your labor , the pic's def look like they'll be enjoyable 

thanks for putting up some pics 

kicking ass 

cheers mate 

don't let that impatient's get the better of you lol