Making Feminized Seeds Using Colloidal Silver

G day everyone,

I’ll do a quick introduction before I get into the details.

I am a bit of a green thumb and have always loved gardening, from your usual herbs all the way to bonsai.

However 2017 has been my first year growing bud and I’ve loved every bloody minute of it! Such a fun and rewarding experience. I began my first grow (which I have a grow journal about so I won’t go into detail) with Feminized White Widow seeds from ILGM.

I began my grow with 3 of these seeds, all 3 sprouted and grew healthy. A few bumps along the road but overall doing well.

I originally purchased a 10 pack of seeds for about $100 and thankfully they arrived. However, I have not been soo lucky with many other orders. And this is how I began my journey to re produce Feminized seeds myself, the sheer cost per seed and the very real possibility that these seeds may not even arrive, no matter how much you pay for them!!

So like I said this is my first grow, and it’s all still very new to me and all a big experiment.

So I began my grow very early about 16 weeks ago, in late October under some Fluro lights just because I was too excited to start really haha

Anyway as they grew older and summer came around, I took them outside and I began topping them and shaping them into a nice flat style to maximize sun exposure.

One day I did a good top and decided to try and clone it. I cut the cutting on a 45 degree angle and dipped it in rooting hormone and then hydrated a “easy plug n grow” cube, see below:

18f9f2120563e7d67ebc45a263846f05.jpg

and placed it back under the Fluro and sprayed the cube daily to keep it hydrated.

Within a week there were visible signs of new growth and the roots began to grow fast. I then transplanted this into a new pot and had another plant bringing my garden to 4 plants.

As they grew I decided that the clone was going to be my test dummy to re-create feminized seeds, and I began researching how to do so.

Turns out, the process isn’t that difficult at all!

You need to spray your plant heavily, daily for 3-4 weeks, beginning the day before you switch the plant to 12/12 lighting.

I got most of my information from this link here:

http://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-make-feminized-seeds

However I did use a variety of different sources and posts from all over the internet.

It specified that the plant needed to be 6 weeks old or older to ensure strong viable pollen. So whilst I waited for my clone plant to reach that age, I started on the colloidal silver process.

Originally, I purchased 2L of 15-18PPM (ppm means past per million) colloidal silver off the internet for $50 total. Only to realize that this was NO WHERE NEAR ENOUGH.

This is where I began researching how to make this stuff, and the legit colloidal silver makers cost around $250 total, so fuck that. I started this to reduce my costs, not increase them hahah

I built my own rig for around $80. What you will need are:

5x 9v batteries with the buttons. I purchased rechargeable ones from eBay for $40

2x alligator clips - got a 10 pack on eBay for $5

2 lengths of 99.9999 silver (I got 1m on eBay for about $20)

Distilled water - about $1 per liter

2 WOODEN skewers - must be wooden

2 elastic bands

2L GLASS jar from k mart - $3 - must be glass, plastic seeps into the water over time.

TDS water quality meter - $13 on eBay

With this set up you can make colloidal silver at a fraction of the cost and very quickly and easily.

So to set it up, you:

1. connect the 9v batteries together 3 at the bottom 2 ontop, clicked in with a positive and negative port exposed, one on either end of the row.

ada591d14bd7e575e1adcc9a4096fad3.jpg

2. Fill up the glass jar with distilled water

3. Put the two wooden skewers next to each other and wrap an elastic band around each end as tight as possible

6362a0b561683db0cde9d528b487e179.jpg

4. Insert the silver rods about 4cm apart between the two wooden skewers, they should be tight enough to hold them in place. Make sure the rods are not touching each other or the glass.

5c47731293076f054678e1492836e6ff.jpg

5. Connect an alligator clip from the negative battery port to a silver rod and do the same for the positive. Be careful because your rig is now live.

It should look something like this:

271fdbd0b68202493bea817d2311fc1a.jpg

This is mine, but without water in it as I just quickly set it up to take this photo.

73785909433b41fba70a6cfb522e1797.jpg

When you make the first batch, they usually say to let it cook over for 3 hours as the conductivity of the distilled water is next to 0 and takes ages to deposit the particles.

I sped this process up by adding a pinch of salt to the water. This has no effect on the end product, but it is “pure” for those who planned to make it to drink (the main purpose for colloidal silver is for consumption as its suppose to be good for exceptionally good for curing diseases). Anyway, I didn’t plan on drinking it so I added the salt. Literally half a tea spoon for 2 litres.

As the time goes by, the rods form a thick black crust on it, whenever I remember, usually around every 20 minutes or so id disconnect the current, remove the rods and wipe them down with the rough green part of a cleaning sponge. This would clean the gunk off and scratch up the rods a bit to help the process. The closer the rods are the quicker this happens, and I believe the quicker the silver is deposited into the water. After about an hour id check with the TDS and if it was around 18 PPM id be happy and would bottle it up into dark jars. Found these apothecary style glass jars from K-Mart $1.50 each, capped off with a cork from home and stored in a dark area to use. Colloidal silver degrades quickly when exposed to light. The colloidal silver is a very dark brown colour, don’t be alarmed haha

The stuff I make looks closest the the last two bottles in the picture below:

2d26891e320f468080c65dd735f00e79.jpg

When my supply was getting low, id start the whole process again, but this time id use 100ml of the colloidal silver as a catalyst instead of salt.

Okay, now that the process of making the colloidal silver is down pat, let’s begin with the application side of it.

Timing is kind of important when it comes to the process of making feminized seeds as you pollen plant needs to be flowering over a month before the mother plant does, which can be a little tricky if you are out door growing like I am.

To combat this, I ordered a cheap LED red spectrum globe off ebay for $15, but since it was coming form china I needed to find a temporary solution to creating a 12/12 light schedule for the Pollen plant.

Whilst I waited for my globe to arrive, I got a large bucket and covered the outside of it in foil for two reasons:

1. It reflected the light and kept the inside of the bucket cool.

2. It prevented any light from penetrating the white bucket plastic.

This bucket was going to be my 12/12 light schedule haha, I know kinda ghetto but it did the job!

7ba2e8efbb59dadbe5ee35d261d6eaf0.jpg

So I went down to my local Bunnings and picked up a 1L hand held pressure sprayer to apply the colloidal silver to the plant. I did initially start with a standard spray bottle but I was just wasting too much silver water with it, hence the pressure sprayer.

8314e88be2f3aa04f27c2f08a7d63b4f.jpg

NOW I NEED TO MENTION THIS AS IT IS CURTIAL. If you plan on doing this, i HIGHLY recommend using an entire plant because if the colloidal silver gets on ANY bud and you end up smoking this, it can be VERY VERY harmful to your health. Don’t risk it, use a whole plant. Its next to impossible to isolate your spraying completely.

So, the day before I began the 12/12 lighting for my pollen plant, I drenched my plant in colloidal silver using my pressure sprayer. Focus your spray on the bud sites, as this is where the pollen sacs will grow. Give it a good soaking all round. Give your plant a spray like this every single day for about 3-4 weeks. Personally, I stick to the cautious side and did 4 weeks as the colloidal silver was cheap and easy to make so why not right?

I had a reminder in my phone every day to put the bucket on and take the bucket off to keep to the 12/12 light schedule and within 3 days the plant showed signs of flowering. I thought I had fucked up at this stage, as flowers were showing, not pollen sacs, but I continued to spray daily and before you know it, the flowers morphed into pollen sacs. Within 3 weeks the pollen sacs where everywhere.

This is a photo of the plant after about 3 days of 12/12:

8a37733b0b5fe5817d64ce900eea3a40.jpg

And this is it about 10-12 days after switching to 12/12:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180123/49bc6e233c3118ca4b09aa535e065237.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180123/407f1f952bc9a0a240f713c0646ebb38.jpg

I am currently on week 4, of the 12/12 and I have just stopped spraying with colloidal silver. Thankfully, my red spectrum LED arrived last week, so I moved the pollen plant into its own little room far far away from my other girls. I was beginning to get a little nervous keeping it outside because if any pollen escaped my other girls would be fucked with seeds haha. But by the looks of it, the pollen plant still has another 2-4 weeks before they fully crack open.

Now I am just watering it occasionally and letting it mature under the light.

These are pictures of the pollen plant as of today

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180123/fb73d3ac5602617b3ff1e3e0c69b3395.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180123/e9d5beda2d2bfbabac524ff1996a13ea.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180123/e2ebad364b96ddfcf861d9fddb64d288.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180123/015df389a166a53e3b32b90f05678480.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180123/ee6115696bbb51d84027e777d4ef79b5.jpg

Very clear pollen sacs all over.

Once the pollen sacs begin to crack open, I know it is ready and I will remove all the pollen into a glass bowl by either shaking it or gently tapping each one (still not up to this stage so when I do ill update you all).

After that, I will mix some cooking flour through to increase the mass and prevent moisture damage. Depending on the timing, I will either have to store it, or i will be able to use it right away. I need to wait for the mother plant to be in its 2nd or 3rd week of flowering before I can pollenate it, which I will do by gently using a paint brush to paint the pollen/flour mix onto the designated flower(s).

If storing is required, I am still unsure as to how, but I believe it involves going into the freezer as moisture is the biggest killer for pollen. I will have to do some more research on this area.

Anyway, that’s the process and the plan so far! I will keep this thread updated as often as I can with pictures and info as I go through the remaining stages.

Cheers for tuning in, and if you have any questions, comments, advice, comment away. I’m hoping this can be a good starting spot for anyone and everyone looking to make their own seeds!

Happy growing

BB

• Upvote 4

That's great , have to read a few times I think

Thanks heaps this is gonna make so much easier not only having a written reference to refer to but also the fact that you'll be able to answer any questions in person is even better

Congratulations, as good as I tutorial I've ever read[emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

• Upvote 2

Never made fem seeds, only ever grown a few, much prefer the hunt for a good/great male/female plant, bit of a hobby breeder here

nothing like creating your own strains, that's how you get the really good shit, and get it acclimatized to your environment

Great tutorial for those that want to, good job

Edited by pedro de pacas