Help to make cannabutter

I would wait until you have got more weed bro..5 grams probably isn't enough if you have tried before and it hasn't worked..search butter making on YouTube and watch a simple vid..go from there Franko..good luck...I would probably just set up a bucket bong and smoke that 5 g of good buds..

Sent from my iPad using OZ Stoners

I would wait until you have got more weed bro..5 grams probably isn't enough if you have tried before and it hasn't worked..search butter making on YouTube and watch a simple vid..go from there Franko..good luck...I would probably just set up a bucket bong and smoke that 5 g of good buds..

Sent from my iPad using OZ Stoners

Thanks weedmonsta, i got more than 5 grams, i buy one ounce every fortnight, but i wasted to so much , if i want to make 100 grams of butter how much weeds i need? Ta

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Thanks weedmonsta, i got more than 5 grams, i buy one ounce every fortnight, but i wasted to so much , if i want to make 100 grams of butter how much weeds i need? Ta

1 gram is the same as 1000mg.

Assuming you have average weed @ 10% Thc ( not being nasty......easier math ) This would mean that each gram of weed is equal to a 100mg dose.

So 5 grams of your weed will give 500mg of Thc. Bear in mind that your 5 grams may turn into 4 grams or less after decarb.

Ok. Now the money shot.

500mg Thc mixed in with 100g butter. Each teaspoon of butter (let’s say 5 grams of it) will hold 25mg of magic. Too much butter.

I’d decarb your 5 and just farking eat it straight washed down with a beer if you have your heart set on doing it.

Edited by Try Blu
  • Upvote 2

1 gram is the same as 1000mg.

Assuming you have average weed @ 10% Thc ( not being nasty......easier math ) This would mean that each gram of weed is equal to a 100mg dose.

So 5 grams of your weed will give 500mg of Thc. Bear in mind that your 5 grams may turn into 4 grams or less after decarb.

Ok. Now the money shot.

500mg Thc mixed in with 100g butter. Each teaspoon of butter (let’s say 5 grams of it) will hold 25mg of magic. Too much butter.

I’d decarb your 5 and just farking eat it straight washed down with a beer if you have your heart set on doing it.

Thanks a lot for the explanation mate,, i tryed to eat straight decarbonized weeds, i cant feel nothing, ... with 100 gram of butter i should use 10 gr of weed? Thanks

I have been making butter on and off for  years. I just put a stick or two of butter in a crockpot, half to an ounce of leaf and trim and cook for about 8 hours. It's always been quite good. I have tried it with olive oil and coconut oil as well, but don't think it works as well as butter.

Can someone explain to me why you need to decarb the weed if you are going to heat it for hours in the cooking process? Also if you bake it into a biscuit wouldn't that have the effect of decarbing? I am genuinely confused by this?

Frank, it must be frustrating not getting high off edibles. They can be incredible and are not a soft option, unless you don't eat enough.

Edited by freddie
  • Upvote 1

I have been making butter on and off for years. I just put a stick or two of butter in a crockpot, half to an ounce of leaf and trim and cook for about 8 hours. It's always been quite good. I have tried it with olive oil and coconut oil as well, but don't think it works as well as butter.

Can someone explain to me why you need to decarb the weed if you are going to heat it for hours in the cooking process? Also if you bake it into a biscuit wouldn't that have the effect of decarbing? I am genuinely confused by this?

Frank, it must be frustrating not getting high off edibles. They can be incredible and are not a soft option, unless you don't eat enough.

Thanks so much Freddie, yeah is very frustrating for me dont be able to make cannabutter, i tryed with anything: decarbonized weeds, non decarbonized, left over from the vaporizer, i cant feel nothing, i want quit smoking joints , and i just want to find a replacement , sometimes i vaporize but i still feel the pull for a joint. Thanks mate

I haven’t read through all the comments in this thread so I apologize if someone has already said this, but the way I made cannabutter is using a coffee percolator. Picked one up for heap on eBay

ed6ca8ac58d130b8f37bebd2572c1f22.jpg

Put the butter in the bottom where the water usually goes. Add a tablespoon of water to help it all boil over, and then add the weed where you’d usually put the coffee, and percolate it through about 4 times

Worked a treat, quick, and doesn’t smell anywhere near as bad as the stove top open pot methods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1