How to ask psychiatrist for cannabis prescription

Chrystal

Question

I have been seeing a psychiatrist for 11 years this february i'm abit of a head case main problem is schitzophrania,major depression i have been on highest doses of antipsychotic and anti depressants for around 10 of those years

Now about 1 year ago my treating dr reduced my medication 1/4th the dose and around 5 6 months later i went off the rails like a absolute lunatic so me dr bumped up the medication again

Now looking at research on the medications in long term use they should be stopped after 10 years this is probably why the dr was reducing my medication, the medication has left me feeling motionless, unmotivated, find it hard to show effection and love new people to my life

The anti depressants are pretty much a root around they have done nothing for me

I have a appointment coming up and i think i am going to ask the dr if i can go onto the legal weed he will likely say no but what are some questions i should ask or tell him

Is there anything in particular i should mention?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Not too sound like a complete dick. But why the fuck would you ask for a cannabis prescription if you have schitsophrenia? Don't you realize that the two don't gel at all. It's like mixing fuel and fire.

Cannabis actually relaxes me its not about the high yes its fun but the soothing relaxing not worrying is what i like about smoking pot, as of now i havent smoked any cbd strains that i know of i dont need heavy hitters but i find pot works better than my medication i actually have paramoia as part of the schizophrenia yeah the medication works but i feel i have no life and i am not in control of my body 24/7 i feel like a zombie seriously, the effects of cannabis do increase my medication effects but being on medication im on i really shouldnt even be driving a car the medication smashes me i just think the good effects of smoking cannabis far out weigh the negitives on taking legal medication which wipes me out when ever my dose is increased, the better thing i like about pot is a stone last 2 hours where as my medication works continous around the clock and i would like to still interact with people

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

From my experience both as a patient many years ago and a mental health worker attending psych appointments with patients, you will be HIGHLY unlikely to find ANY head shrink (Dr) that will support you. During their (and my) education in mental health it is RAMMED REPEATEDLY (in fact ad nauseum) that canna has a causative effect on psychosis. Unless you can find a practitioner with personal canna experience, that is positive, the phrase "...pushing shit uphill with a rake.." comes to mind. In other words, you have no hope of a shrink supporting the use of canna nor anything else that is not supported by the AMA.

When it comes to drugs, there are not many dr's who will support anything that isn't pharma related.

Now this is my experience, if you have a better outcome/result please tell us, 'cos I want to know about it.