Medical Economics - 5 reasons physicians should choose marijuana over

merl1n

Question

Here's a report from a reputable medical journal Neurology Times

Maybe someone should point this out to the almighty AMA

5 reasons physicians should choose marijuana over opioids
http://medicaleconomics.modernmedicine.com/medical-economics/news/5-reasons-physicians-should-choose-marijuana-over-opioids?GUID=405B56F8-CDF6-4A24-A3CE-0570136DC0BC&XGUID=&rememberme=1&ts=19012018

• Upvote 4

Just a idea. Maybe see if you can get anyone in ER to read it. Hospital emergency units and mental health services would be very interested

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Can't say I've known anyone in the medical profession that's eager to push for cannabis over opiates yet, Aquadoll. Maybe I've been in the wrong ER's over the years.

That said, I wouldn't be offended if they came at me with pethidine again. That stuff makes one quite blissful. :D

Also, Cheers for the material to read, merl. I'll have a flick through it later. But yeah, I think this approach "cannabis over opioids" could be a good approach to take, especially how many folks are dying with stuff these days. Sounds like it's at epidemic proportions in the States.

EDIT: Not a bad read that article, it raised some good points with canna in comparison to the opiates. The nausea thing rings true for me, it's the reason why I usually turn to Canna more often than not for pain relief.

Edited by Indycar

I totally understand Redatnite, the stigma around canna that's been built up by govt and the medical profession is HUGE.

Unfortunately, Ive had way too much experience in dealing with the medical profession and any mention of canna is automatically frowned upon. For some people if the dr's don't approve then it's disregarded out of hand. "The doctor knows best" What I have learned is that although the medicos make out they know it all, the reality is far from it. Whilst attending a hospital run pain management clinic another pain sufferer brought up the issue of canna as a treatment and was shutdown quick smart, being told we could only discuss "Approved" treatments and "Cannabis is NOT an approved pain management substance". In other words we must use pharma concoctions or 'approved' opiates.

Hey Auqadoll,

"...Hospital emergency units and mental health services would be very interested..." You have got to be kidding. Both ER and mental health consider canna to be a cause rather than a remedy. ER consider a reduction in inhibitions due to canna as a cause for some injuries and mental health (so called)experts believe canna can trigger mental health issues. It will take a whole change of paradigm from the 'experts' to accept canna. Mental health workers look for 'triggers' ie "what sent 'John' off the rail?" the number of times I've heard "Ohh he's a dope smoker... ...well, there's your cause" is beyond a joke.

• Upvote 1

the problem is Merlin, and has been since the 70's, they are convinced cannabis causes mental illness, or triggers it, its been preached since the 1920's

if they go off the rails without cannabis use, its just a mental illness, go off the rails while smoking cannabis its got to be the cannabis.

it all gets down to, who's having a mental illness and using cannabis for relief, and who's mental illness is caused by cannabis use

i suffer my far share of pain, and self medicate with anything but opiates, and have for a long time,

to the extent of going home from hospital after the pricks give me a needle full of some sort of opiate shit that made me a crook as a dog, talk about projectile vomiting

snapped me shoulder blade in half, wouldn't let me go unless i could shower and dress meself, so i did and bailed out, 2 1/2 days was enough before i went off me nut from the opiates

lets not kid ourselves cannabis sends some people off the rails, for whatever reason, so do opiates

I only have experience in Benzos because of my own condition. They are 100% more abused than smoke. If i could access the last phyc reports from the P.A on hubby then show him to them on small doses of smoke i know they would agree but to do so would open a shit storm..So many need this. I see parents in the kids hospital crying at the end of the line begging for help but can not get it legally. Frikin Cnts treat animals with more compassion than those who could benift from nature

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Again I agree Auqadoll, If we left an animal to suffer we would be charged with a crime of animal cruelty, but a human... ...ohh that's different. This is why now I 'try'(not always successfully)to avoid the medical profession. I'll manage my way for me, not them.

Pedro I agree canna does send some people off the rails, but not anywhere near the numbers that opiates do. It's our unfailing following of the mighty US of A that has lead to this banning of canna via the UN in the first place. We can only wish/hope/pray that our following leads us down the path of eventually following the U.S. into legalising canna. But my fear here is that the big pharmas are going to get the first bite of that pie and all we'll be left with is a mix of their poisons. Christ the yanks have got a lot to be answerable for. And then on the news tonight the yanks want to expand their military bases here and make us even more of a target and without doubt our govt will agree. Let's just hope the bullseye of that target is Canberra lol

• Upvote 1