CMH 315w Direct from China UPDATE

Order arrived directly from china for a cmh 315w, all up cost were AUD$226 shipped by express shipping, shipping took 4 or 5 days  by TNT full tracked and it was only scanned by customs no inspecting the item or opening the box

the quality of the unit is top notched for China quality only the lamp is a bit wobbly in the screw fixture/fitting, powered it up yesterday no noise from the ballast no hums etc... i got mine with a AU round earth pin so i could use it with Aussie reflectors, my batteries were flat so the remote control didn't work but its a nice little light for what i paid

customer service was the best anything i wanted to change was changed within minutes, they were happy to adapt to Australian standards all round

i purchased a phillips bulb but some other aftermarket bulb was sent, the bulb only cost USD$27 so i ain't complaining

who order was well packaged most products double boxed

very pleased, actually thought about buying a bundle and flogging them off think i was quoted about AUD$700 for 3 units shipping included

• Upvote 1

Nice Gazza, i have a 630 on its way with twin 315 out lets dimmable...

Did u order from OS? I was bombarded with emails and businesses trying to sell there lights from China, the prices varied and so did the lights some were really nice price but very step on shipping i think i got quoted up to USD$120 or $130 just for shipping of one light where as others were around the $70 mark

the 630's out of China are a good price i think the one i looked at were $160 plus shipping its a good price considering what they sell over here for, after i had placed my order i received a email from the Nano CMH lighting company they had probably the best lights at $130 a piece for the square chinaman hat type light

seem the Chinese go by weight rather than size plus remote locations from there end cost a bomb to ship to Australia, also like how there were no minimum order quantity so i was going to be held to ransom if i wanted another light or two

The second cmh I have is a chinese one, identical ballast to the one pictured. so far so good on the last grow, dimmer works well, ballast doesn't run to hot or anything. see how it goes over the next few if it has the longevity of my hi par unit but for the price I can't tell any real difference so far.

Nice Gazza, i have a 630 on its way with twin 315 out lets dimmable...

Sounds like what I need. I'll have a a bit of a heat issue to contend with next indoor setup which will probably cause me having to ditch the single 600w HPS. Plus I'm wanting to get a better spread of light. Thinking of dual 315w in two cooltubes.

Hope you can share your opinion about it when you get to test it out, Ozzy. :)