Harvesting trichome colour (is this a real thing)

So supposedly there's a difference in high from trichome colour, if your plants trichome colour is cloudy then it will have a more energetic uplifting high, if its more amber then it will be more narcotic, and a 50/50 mix is both equally balanced out. 

Is this actually true? different coloured trichomes = different high? 

It sounds like some fake unscientific tale that one grower has brought up in a conversation and then it's spread like wildfire.

I could be completely wrong though, can anybody back this up? If you harvest cloudy trichomes will it be a more energetic high other than a narcotic couch locking effect?

, stay classy guys and girls.

Edited by aussieghosthit

very true 

think of it like apples on a tree 

you need to wait for them to go red B4 picking & eating 

but some of us like a lill more sourer apple so they will pick early 

tricombe heads start out clear , then change to cloudy then to amber in color 

once they hit amber this is a sign the tricombe head is degrading , apple has hit 

it's peak & is now going backwards on the tree , clear is like the sourer apple & cloudy being 

the ready to pick apple 

all those apples will give you a diff taste same as a tricombe head high 

Edited by itchybromusic
  • Upvote 1

Im only new so im only going from what friends have told me but i believe it is directly related to the ratio of THC/CBD one cancelling the effects of the other out. Depending on what type of high you prefer will determine what colour trices to harvest at. On my first grow I'll be pulling when they go around 40-45% amber/cloudy, by the time it cures should be a nice ratio. Again as my name suggests im a noob and if anything ive said is wrong please correct me.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by totelnoob