Getting oil tested?

mikzsan

Question

Hi,

I receive oil , and not in a state at the moment to make it myself.  

Am I right in  assuming that no lab in Aus would accept samples for testing given legality issues?    Could one send to a lab in Cali,  or would customs likely confiscate it here or in the US anyway,  and no point?  

Thanks so much for any insight and help.

Cheers.  

Edited by mikzsan

7 answers to this question

Thanks for the quick reply and valuable info.    That could have saved me a lot of cost and expense sending overseas.   

Ive heard about home test kits, but unfortunately they wouldn't test for contaminants etc?   

Such a shame they have proper labs to test all over the US that accept user samples, and we have none. 

For me,  it's not even so much about whether the active ingredients are as claimed, but finding out about contaminants/harmful ingredients e 

Thanks for the quick reply and valuable info.    That could have saved me a lot of cost and expense sending overseas.   

Ive heard about home test kits, but unfortunately they wouldn't test for contaminants etc?   

Such a shame they have proper labs to test all over the US that accept user samples, and we have none. 

For me,  it's not even so much about whether the active ingredients are as claimed, but finding out about contaminants/harmful ingredients e 

absolutely that's what i'd be testing for , harmful shit ,

concentrates are another level above cos there concentrated 

but as a grower testing would be used like stats in a football match 

changing inputs & tracking the stuff you can't see 

even growing for yourself organically at home , you have no idea what the neighbors

are spraying round the place or what bugs or pathogens are hanging round our own backyards  

absolutely that's what i'd be testing for , harmful shit ,

concentrates are another level above cos there concentrated 

but as a grower testing would be used like stats in a football match 

changing inputs & tracking the stuff you can't see 

even growing for yourself organically at home , you have no idea what the neighbors

are spraying round the place or what bugs or pathogens are hanging round our own backyards  

Excellent points regarding even growing yourself.   

I just wanted a single batch tested to see if it contributed to me getting sick.   

I got oil a couple months ago, and took it for about 6 weeks (not high doses).   I met the person who I got it from, who is respected in the 'community'.     It wasn't helping much, but not harming in any way,  so weaned off.      I went down hill fast  ( awful depression,  headaches,  insomnia).    Had to be admitted.     It's hard to pinpoint the exact cause as I'm always trying some supplement for my symptoms,  but it seemed to coincide with going off the oil. 

But this is why I wanted to have it tested, to at least know for sure whether anything in the oil could have remotely caused any of it.  

The urinalysis done strangely found no traces of cannabis in system, and I was told it dates back 1 month.  

Just a scary situation overall.  

not that i'm a medical person but seems strange you started taking it & were fine 

but once stopped you had probs 

the self diagnoses could go either way on that one , the way your thinking or maybe something 

in the oil was helping , once removed probs were more intense 

make sure your only making a single change at a time , easier to know if something works or not 

also your diet is big , checkout youtube " What's With Wheat " ozzy docco , & how much processed carbohydrates / sugar do you consume 

a urine test after a month i'm not sure will show cannabinods , a hair follicle test can detect cannabis use for a much longer time period 

do you know what the oil was meant to be , cbd , thc , both 

not that i think this was happening but something to be aware of when trying to sort health out , especially for the first time 

this can also be the case when going on pharma meds for the first time as well , The Herxheimer Reaction 

The Herxheimer Reaction is a short-term (from days to a few weeks) detoxification reaction in the body.

As the body detoxifies, it is not uncommon to experience flu-like symptoms including headache, joint and muscle pain,

body aches, sore throat, general malaise, sweating, chills, nausea or other symptoms

Sorry, by the 1 month what I meant was that,  the urine tests detect something you took as far back as a month ( I was told ).   The actual test was done about 6 days after stopping , and around 4 days after my last olive olive dose.  

One was an olive oil 'infusion' meant to have higher levels of THC ,   and the other product was a whole plant cold glycerine based extract meant to contain cannabinoid acids.     I was taking small doses of the first and about 1ml per day of the second (was told could take 2-3 ml).    Overall was taking about 5-6 weeks.  

really hard to know what the prob might have been 

you would have expected to get high from the first one as it sounds like it might have be decarboxylated B4 the infusion with olive oil 

the second sounds like no decarb which means you can consume more with no high effect 

anything i can think of that might have been a prob you would have expected to notice something within 6 weeks , i would think 

like vegetable glycerin if you had a allergy to some vegetable you would have noticed pretty quick 

i wish i had an answer but i don't , hurry up legalize & this should be much less an issue  

Edited by itchybromusic