Garlic-Based Insecticide

Although garlic may actually be an insect repellant rather than an insecticide, it is still quite effective. Garlic is ideal for at least slowing down an insect infestation. Spray as needed on infested plants.

To make a garlic spray insecticide puree two bulbs (not cloves) of garlic in a blender with a little water. Leave it overnight, strain, and add ½ cup of vegetable oil, 1 tsp of mild soap and enough water to fill a quart. Mix 1 cup of this mixture with another quart of water. Spray as needed.

Chili-based Insecticide

Like garlic, chili pepper may be more insect repellent than anything else. Use it in your garden, but remember to wear gloves and protect your eyes, nose, and mouth. The spray won’t harm you, but it might hurt.

Create homemade chili spray out of fresh chili peppers, or use chili powder. If using powder, mix 1 Tbl of the powder with a few drops of liquid soap and 1 quart of water. From fresh peppers, puree ½ cup of peppers in a cup of water, add a quart of water and bring to a boil. Let the mixture cool, strain out the peppers and add a few drops of soap to the liquid. Your homemade spray is safe to spray directly on your plants.

Diatomaceous Earth

Fossilized algae buried deep in our earth is a natural resource that also makes a wonderful insecticide. Unlike other materials, diatomaceous earth does not poison or suffocate insects. It does something entirely different – it dehydrates them.

Diatomaceous earth is easy to find in most garden stores, but it’s generally sold in bulk. You won’t need much to get the job done. To use it, simply dust the area around your plants and on the plants as well. It will keep away insects, as well as snails and slugs. Don’t forget to reapply after it rains.

All-in-one insecticide

Sometimes, a mixture of a few natural remedies makes the best spray.

To create an all-in-one insecticide, puree 1 garlic bulb, a small onion and a teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder. Let the mixture sit – ideally for an hour. Strain the material and add 1 Tbl of liquid soap. Do not dilute. Spray on upper and undersides of leaves. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.

Tomato Leaf Insecticide

Although hardly tried-and-true, tomato leaves may actually be a natural insecticide. As a member of the nightshade family, they contain alkaloids that keep aphids (and other insects) at bay.

To make tomato leaf insecticide, steep 2 fresh tomato leaves in a quart of water overnight. Strain the material and spray the liquid directly on your plants’ leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

• Upvote 1

Thanks Micmac.

Good info there. Have used the eco Neem as a foliar before as a preventative measure.

Worked well last year.

Have some diatomaceous earth to add to my mix, just hard to find the Neem cake right now with lots of places out of stock.

Feel like I should get some garlic going anyway.

I'm guessing the pellet form is just that, compressed Neem meal?

Thanks.

Both listed as out of stock though.

sorry mate didn't even see that , tried emailing them 

the usual people i get it from are called Plant Needs in campberfield

https://www.hotfrog.com.au/business/vic/campbellfield/plant-needs_3684302

Address: 1 Ari Drive , CampbellfieldVIC 3061

Hume City, Melbourne Metro, North VIC

Main: 0438 389 816

generally on ebay but not that i can find at the mo , you could try calling the mobile above 

not sure how you'll go but they'll be allot cheaper i would thing & it was certified organic 

Edited by itchybromusic

Lovely.

Thanks for that.

But the pellets would be same thing once broken up a bit?

this has been asked of me B4 & i can't remember the answer

the question is what are they stuck together with , i don't think from stoner memory it was a prob 

could coffee grind them if you want a more crushed seed consistency 

basically i think they'll be fine   

• Upvote 1