New outdoor grow

Hello everyone

I’m new to this site and growing and would like some advice. Recently I have found a great location to grow outdoors and decided that I want to do an organic grow.

I was wondering what some of you would suggest strainwise preferably a sativa (located around south nsw get plenty of sun), would also like to hear some opinions on a compost tea

Regards a friendly toker

thanks sooty

agree with SE are you starting now for this season , def a bit late 

days are getting shorter which stated on the 22/12

if you haven't grown B4 i'd say look into indica's or indi dom's 

they are a lill more robust & easier to grow than full sativa 

happy to help & would suggest having a read of this to start off 

https://buildasoil.com/pages/the-complete-system

it is a bit late in the season but it could still be done , might need to leave

an outdoor light on to keep them from flowering , some sativas take quite 

some time to finish , later they start , later they finish , the later they finish

the more cold & rain they have to finish in 

if you don't have a compost bin or worm farm , you could def start that now 

for future use 

as far as plots go get a winter cover crop growing in it , chop & drop B4 the plants 

make seed & start another cover crop , keep roots growing at all times in the plot or pot 

just means the soil life will be already in place when you plant the important plants 

plus all the roots left to degrade in soil will feed that soil life & in turn feed your plant 

lots of teas you can look at , as mentioned compost teas ( nutrient or beneficial life or both ) 

but there's also steeped teas ( anaerobic teas , without air ) &  seed sprout teas  , 

Thanks to all that have helped out and yes I realise it is late but I only just found the location and didn’t plan to grow this season I was just wondering what to do in order to prep the location as you said itchy for next season

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Edited by tokingonafatone

ok cool 

basically make a compost pile on top of ya plot using what you can find in the local surroundings 

plenty of info on google re carbon to nitrogen ratios of composting 

one thing i'd bring in for that is lucerne aka alfalfa to add to local green as the nitrogen part of composting 

after a couple months , when the mound has subsided throw down a winter cover crop , if you chop & drop 

the CC plants B4 they have made seed , you'll be adding back all the nutrients the CC took out & by mulching with browns 

you'll keep the majority of soil life fed & where you want them to be , in ya plot 

plus by having a cover crop constantly growing through the year you'll get a look at the bug & pathogen pressure

of the area & it's effect on the CC  

def start a compost & worm farm , these will be your inoculations for your teas you wanna brew

as well as nutrient & inoculation as a top dress 

good luck tok

Edited by itchybromusic

no ganja in winter 

just a cover crop = a mix of beneficial plants 

you can search terms like Green Manure & Living Mulch 

this is a summer green manure or cover crop mix , https://www.edenseeds.com.au/Product-Info-Seeds?product=green-manure-mix-spring-summer

they generally have a winter mix as well but i can't find it on there site , you might have to drop them an email & ask about there winter mix 

no probs 

anytime