Seed to Seedling help

Hey guys

I realize this might be an extremely stupid question but i just want to make sure im taking the right steps... i was just wondering what exactly should i put my germinated seed into? a small seedling pot/cup or just shove it into a main pot? Also what mix should i have for both of these pots if needed?  Please let me know if any of these ingredients i purchased will or will not work and the steps i should take from seed to seedling! thank you for your guys time!

PS: Im growing outdoor auto

post-62105-0-80954200-1513574433_thumb.jpg

Hey buddy,

I’m a new grower too, fist time this year. But I can tell you what I did, I started germinating my seeds using the wet paper towel method then put them into small seed raising pots, pretty small ones. And then progressively moved them into bigger pots as they grow. The reason I did this was because I read that if you put a small plant or seedling into a big pot the roots can get lost and can stunt the growth. Not sure how valid or accurate this is as I’ve seen quite a few people pop seedlings into big pots. But that’s just my two cents! Good luck bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys

I realize this might be an extremely stupid question but i just want to make sure im taking the right steps... i was just wondering what exactly should i put my germinated seed into? a small seedling pot/cup or just shove it into a main pot? Also what mix should i have for both of these pots if needed?  Please let me know if any of these ingredients i purchased will or will not work and the steps i should take from seed to seedling! thank you for your guys time!

PS: Im growing outdoor auto

Hey dark web, that is a great question, don't be shy! The standard method, afaik, is to plant your germinated bush tomato seedlings into smaller pots and repot into bigger pots as the plants grow out of their pots. In saying that though, plenty of people start their seed in the final pot with success. Keep in mind, If you decide to go into bigger pots first it is easier to over water.

Regarding a mix, personally, as I am not a very dedicated gardener so like it as simple as possible, I go for an inert medium such as coco coir and use coco coir specific nutrient. However, I have also had success using a good quality potting mix, seasol and power feed.

:peace: