Does anyone change sex?

chained

Hello,

Does anyone here use environmental stress or nutrients to intentionally change the sex of their own plants to male?  If so, how did you go about it?  I've only managed to create hermaphrodites and sadness.

I'd like to try and create my own seed from a particular mother plant I keep, by turning some clones into males. 

Hello,

Does anyone here use environmental stress or nutrients to intentionally change the sex of their own plants to male? If so, how did you go about it? I've only managed to create hermaphrodites and sadness.

I'd like to try and create my own seed from a particular mother plant I keep, by turning some clones into males.

Why not just use colloidal silver on a branch?

Hairy muff. Can I ask the reason?

I don't want to turn into papa smurf.  No, I've had some health issues over the years and I now stay away from anything toxic/that will build up inside our bodies, as best I can

I know it can be done without using the silver, just not by my as yet and I would like to know what methods others have had luck with

• Upvote 2

I don't want to turn into papa smurf. No, I've had some health issues over the years and I now stay away from anything toxic/that will build up inside our bodies, as best I can

I know it can be done without using the silver, just not by my as yet and I would like to know what methods others have had luck with

Yeah cool I'll be interested to hear if anyone has something solid that works then [emoji4]

The thing I know of is the light variation, enough to really stress the plant

You can't turn it male but if is not a "true female , which will not hermie no matter what u do" you can force it to hermie

I don't know if this is trait u want in your plants , sure it gives u plenty of seeds but I lot of time n energy can be spent on what you thought were females only to find out they r hermie only to have to pull them out

If you want feminised seeds let your plant go longer than normal n maybe u might get the odd seed

As for nutrient stress I only think u r playing with fire , u might not stress it but kill it

Maybe ph stress would be a safer option

Personally I would think cloning would be a better idea

If u really want seed colloidal silver 1 to fertilise another's

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

• Upvote 1

I have never purposly made my own seeds, but there is a bit of information on the googles about rodelization. I would have thought silver too. I know that you should isolate your silver plant and not smoke it. Is there something in the silver that carries through to the seed?

Hi Ford, rodelization is one method I've tried with little success.  I suppose I just wondered if anyone had given it a go, or had a technique down pat.  Regarding the silver, I don't want to go into details but it's just not something that I want around

I appreciate that it is used by the professionals to create the female seeds that I grow with and I'm certainly not trying to convince others not to use it, it's just not for me

The thing I know of is the light variation, enough to really stress the plant

You can't turn it male but if is not a "true female , which will not hermie no matter what u do" you can force it to hermie

I don't know if this is trait u want in your plants , sure it gives u plenty of seeds but I lot of time n energy can be spent on what you thought were females only to find out they r hermie only to have to pull them out

If you want feminised seeds let your plant go longer than normal n maybe u might get the odd seed

As for nutrient stress I only think u r playing with fire , u might not stress it but kill it

Maybe ph stress would be a safer option

Personally I would think cloning would be a better idea

If u really want seed colloidal silver 1 to fertilise another's

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Hi micmac,

I'm happy to kill some plants for science.  I have plenty of clones to play with, when I prune the mothers I turn just about every viable trimming into clones and most of those just end up in the compost bin.  Even the healthy ones, it's really just for practice and I enjoy the process 

Next year some time I'm not going to be able to keep a living plant for a number of months, so I'd like to try and keep a couple strains that have served me well.  Honestly, they don't even have to be feminized seeds as long as one of them grows into female plant I'll be happy

Thanks!

Hello,

Does anyone here use environmental stress or nutrients to intentionally change the sex......

only on the days I wear a dress lol lol lol .......... (Did I just say that out loud???)

............."of their own plants to male"

"...of their own plants..." Oh shit ..... I should have read the whole question lol lol lol lol

• Upvote 2