Cloning from feminised seeds

i'll add some here 

sorry if been mentioned already 

feminizing is the art of using CS to " block ethylene production " in a female plant so it producers male flowers 

this is a lill diff to environmental stress causing herm's in females , not quite the same thing 

ethylene is why you can have some luck with bananas feminizing seeds , as bananas ripen they 

produce ethylene , just like a plant in flower , by capturing the ethylene in a bag with seeds the majority that come from the bag are female 

Your friend is right up to a point.

The clones off a feminised mother have a tendency towards being herm since they were able to be turned afterall.......

For breeding it depends. If you want to have strong dioecious breeding then go regular and find a true female. If you want the line you make to have inducability to herm then go with the feminised mother.

No, just because they are feminised doesn't mean they have a tendency to hermi, it all depends on what mothers were used. Were they true females? If they were then their offspring wont hermi either.

Also keep in mind that you're probably never going to find a pure female in the sativas.

If it's sativa you're talking about then you'll find just about every breeder who's been doing this for donkey's years KNOWS that the sativa lines ALL have hermaphroditism in the genetics. It's in all the sativa landraces and its deep in the genetics. DJ Short writes about this in his Blueberry and Flo creation stories.

You can try in the pure indicas but if it's got sativa in it then all bets are off.

That is not right at all. True hermis are more common in sativas whereas reversed females are more common in indicas and true females exist in both those genepools. You can breed true females from all cannabis species, sats, indicas, ruderalis, australis, afghanica etc.that will not hermi or reverse without using chemicals such as silver for eg. to block the ethylene pathway . Cannabis sex genetics isn't just X and Y genes. There are other genes that influence sexual expression in cannabis that will cause hermis (or give mothers "inducability" to hermi as you put it) and they can be bred out of a genepool leaving you with just true females.

HALF THE GENETICS in the seed he bought has the inducability in it. It doesn't matter if the mother at the seedbank is pure female or what.

The female pollen hitting it makes the seed feminised and thus it carries the inducability gene.

That's not correct as I explained above. It all depends on the mothers used.

That's the way to go mate. Research, read and gather the information. Knowledge will always serve you well.

The written word remains. Smart people read and research.

Really looking forward to any future grow diaries.

Stay safe.

Yes and written knowledge is at it's most useful when combined and backed with real world personal experiences. Only then can you really sort the facts from the fiction you have also unknowingly read. That's why reading is only 1/3 of the story in reality. And a person cant teach very well if all they can do is regurgitate what they have read.

An XX female has the ability to produce staminate parts in its DNA - it doesn't relate to XX or XY sex gene type.

You have that half right eyesonly. Some have it in their DNA but that can be bred out of the genpool by a good breeder.

:peace: MongyMan

And to answer the OP's original question.....If the mums don't hermi the clones wont either. whether they came from feminised seed or regular is irrelevant.

• Upvote 4

No, just because they are feminised doesn't mean they have a tendency to hermi, it all depends on what mothers were used. Were they true females? If they were then their offspring wont hermi either.

That is not right at all. True hermis are more common in sativas whereas reversed females are more common in indicas and true females exist in both those genepools. You can breed true females from all cannabis species, sats, indicas, ruderalis, australis, afghanica etc.that will not hermi or reverse without using chemicals such as silver for eg. to block the ethylene pathway . Cannabis sex genetics isn't just X and Y genes. There are other genes that influence sexual expression in cannabis that will cause hermis (or give mothers "inducability" to hermi as you put it) and they can be bred out of a genepool leaving you with just true females.

Yes and written knowledge is at it's most useful when combined and backed with real world personal experiences. Only then can you really sort the facts from the fiction you have also unknowingly read. That's why reading is only 1/3 of the story in reality. And a person cant teach very well if all they can do is regurgitate what they have read.

You have that half right eyesonly. Some have it in their DNA but that can be bred out of the genpool by a good breeder.

And to answer the OP's original question.....If the mums don't hermi the clones wont either. whether they came from feminised seed or regular is irrelevant.

It boils down to terminology and explaining things when you're soaring.

But I accept your criticism of the clarity of the explanation.

The point was the “tendency” or better expressed as “inducability” of staminate sexual expression is not sex gene coded. It's in the non sex chromosomal DNA.

Breeders whose efforts go back 40+ years have many thousands of plant years under their belts collectively and have not succeeded in breeding this inducability out.

The fact that cannabis, amongst all the cultivated plants humans have been involved with still retains its wildness and capability of escaping cultivation shows that its DNA is experienced at avoiding the usual fucking around techniques humans have tried to impose on it.

The plant has had its middle finger up at breeders for millenia. It still says fuck you to those who deny that it will retain its wildness.

Peace.

Haha didnt realise this would start such a debate[emoji23] both mothers i have are from fem seeds and both only have female sex organs (ive scoured every inch of them haha).

they have both been alive for about 6 months give or take..... i havent experienced any hermies in my cloning from them at all.

Just had a "captain know it all mate" come in and tell me what i was doing is wrong ect ect

Haha this has definitely helped clarify things for me and ill just keep trucking along.

Thanks to you all for the advise, i really appreciate it hey!!

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app