Cloning from feminised seeds

Hi guys

So i was having a discussion with another grower friend of mine , about establishing mother plants for cloning. He was telling me that you should only use reg seeds, sex them and then use the strongest fem as your mother. Because he seems to think that if you clone off a feminised seed the resulting clones would be hermaphrodite.....

I have two mothers from different seed companies that are both from fem seeds and have done two lots of cuttings off each mother , out of 20 or so clones every one rooted and was female. No signs of hermies at all....

So i guess what i want to know is....

Does anyone have any experience with getting hermaphrodites from cloning fem seeds? or is this dude smoking way to much of his product hahaha

Cheers

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Hi guys

So i was having a discussion with another grower friend of mine , about establishing mother plants for cloning. He was telling me that you should only use reg seeds, sex them and then use the strongest fem as your mother. Because he seems to think that if you clone off a feminised seed the resulting clones would be hermaphrodite.....

I have two mothers from different seed companies that are both from fem seeds and have done two lots of cuttings off each mother , out of 20 or so clones every one rooted and was female. No signs of hermies at all....

So i guess what i want to know is....

Does anyone have any experience with getting hermaphrodites from cloning fem seeds? or is this dude smoking way to much of his product hahaha

Cheers

Your friend is right up to a point.

The clones off a feminised mother have a tendency towards being herm since they were able to be turned afterall.

But they're not hermaphrodite like the ones that turn randomly or spontaneously.

They need to be induced. They have inducability in the genetics.

If you're just using the feminised mother for just producing plants for smoke then go for it.

For breeding it depends. If you want to have strong dioecious breeding then go regular and find a true female. If you want the line you make to have inducability to herm then go with the feminised mother.

You won't get any more spontaneous herms in your smoke clones than you would off feminised seeds anyway.

Edited by eyesonly

Your friend is right up to a point.

The clones off a feminised mother have a tendency towards being herm since they were able to be turned afterall.

But they're not hermaphrodite like the ones that turn randomly or spontaneously.

They need to be induced. They have inducability in the genetics.

If you're just using the feminised mother for just producing plants for smoke then go for it.

For breeding it depends. If you want to have strong dioecious breeding then go regular and find a true female. If you want the line you make to have inducability to herm then go with the feminised mother.

You won't get spontaneous herms in your smoke clones as far as I can say.

Yeah mate, just for me to smoke hey. Id love to get into breeding but dont have the space , time or energy to be honest lol. But thanks for that mate made me feel way more confident in what im doing. The way he was talking, basicly saying i should rip the mothers i have down and start again lol. Im like man really ive put so much effort in to this already over the last 18 months haha

Also keep in mind that you're probably never going to find a pure female in the sativas.

If it's sativa you're talking about then you'll find just about every breeder who's been doing this for donkey's years KNOWS that the sativa lines ALL have hermaphroditism in the genetics. It's in all the sativa landraces and its deep in the genetics. DJ Short writes about this in his Blueberry and Flo creation stories.

You can try in the pure indicas but if it's got sativa in it then all bets are off.

Yeah mate, just for me to smoke hey. Id love to get into breeding but dont have the space , time or energy to be honest lol. But thanks for that mate made me feel way more confident in what im doing. The way he was talking, basicly saying i should rip the mothers i have down and start again lol. Im like man really ive put so much effort in to this already over the last 18 months haha

Awesome mate. Keep it up.

Also keep in mind that you're probably never going to find a pure female in the sativas.

If it's sativa you're talking about then you'll find just about every breeder who's been doing this for donkey's years KNOWS that the sativa lines ALL have hermaphroditism in the genetics. It's in all the sativa landraces and its deep in the genetics. DJ Short writes about this in his Blueberry and Flo creation stories.

You can try in the pure indicas but if it's got sativa in it then all bets are off.

Awesome mate. Keep it up.

Both are hybrids mate, one is expert seeds "gorillaglue#4×whitewidow" and the other is dutch passions "glueberry og". dont quote me on this lol but im pretty sure they are both heavy on the indica side of things hey.

feminised seed is usually made by putting colloidial silver on a lower bud and that bud herms, collect the pollen in what ever manner you use to ensure that the rest of the plant don't get pollenated, use you pollen to breed to what ever female you are trying to cross to and the end result is a feminised seed ...... flowering can be done from seed and produce nice bud, so you better look a lil bit harder and find some reputable information.

The feminised seeds weren't turned to create clones Do you know what a clone is ,if the plant u clone from is female so is the clone, there's no f,,,king way in hell you can take a clone from a female and it will be a hermie

"The clones off a feminised mother have a tendency towards being germ since they were able to be turned after all"

You come here trying to teach the masses about weed but u don't even know what a clone is!

Yes I broke no6 but you are either really stupid or a really bad shit stirrer

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

feminised seed is usually made by putting colloidial silver on a lower bud and that bud herms, collect the pollen in what ever manner you use to ensure that the rest of the plant don't get pollenated, use you pollen to breed to what ever female you are trying to cross to and the end result is a feminised seed ...... flowering can be done from seed and produce nice bud, so you better look a lil bit harder and find some reputable information.

The feminised seeds weren't turned to create clones Do you know what a clone is ,if the plant u clone from is female so is the clone, there's no f,,,king way in hell you can take a clone from a female and it will be a hermie

"The clones off a feminised mother have a tendency towards being germ since they were able to be turned after all"

You come here trying to teach the masses about weed but u don't even know what a clone is!

Yes I broke no6 but you are either really stupid or a really bad shit stirrer

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

You broke number 6 ? haha completely lost me there dude.......