Companion Planting

I found this page about cannabis companion planting: https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/content/136-list-of-companion-plants-for-quality-cannabis

some interesting stuff. Anyone have any experience or got any ideas about what you can plant along side your medicine? 

In my garden I have lavender, mint, catnip and garlic which I hope helps to repel insect or attract insect predators

I have also been using chamomile tea spray and I think I will try grow some actual chamomile next year, the spray was very effective at getting rid of bugs and according to that website it also " Chamomile: Very efficient at accumulating calcium, potassium and sulphur, chamomile will release these nutrients back into the soil after it died. As if by magic, chamomile increases the turgor of its neighbours, including cannabis and bolsters essential oil production."

..i have no idea what turgor is :D

I was curious about companion planting the other day actually, I'm fairly interested to know if anyone has had good success in companion planting indoors?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

haven't tried it myself indoors but I heard basil is good to grow with hydroponics - a google search found this site which seems to confirm what I've heard: http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/cannabis-companion-planting/ ...it reckons "Planting cannabis in hydroponic systems is an inconspicuous way of growing your own weed. If you wish to use companion gardening in this environment, you’ll need a plant that will thrive in it. Grow basil in hydroponics and see how quick these plants mature. It’s easy to conclude that cannabis and basil are perfect for each other."

i'm definitely going to put some basil in my outdoor garden now after reading this stuff - hope its not too late, got some in the veggie patch which is going to seed already

Whitefly's love catnip and mint, unsure if those plants would actually draw the whitefly's away from the canna tho.

If you are planting outside, keep plants that need lots of N away from the canna. They will compete for nutrients, you don't want that.

I have seen some possible Whiteflys on the mint but also lots of ladybugs. I'll keep an eye on them might have to pull some mint out ....it just grows back by itself tho :-\

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I found this page about cannabis companion planting: https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/content/136-list-of-companion-plants-for-quality-cannabis

some interesting stuff. Anyone have any experience or got any ideas about what you can plant along side your medicine? 

In my garden I have lavender, mint, catnip and garlic which I hope helps to repel insect or attract insect predators

I have also been using chamomile tea spray and I think I will try grow some actual chamomile next year, the spray was very effective at getting rid of bugs and according to that website it also " Chamomile: Very efficient at accumulating calcium, potassium and sulphur, chamomile will release these nutrients back into the soil after it died. As if by magic, chamomile increases the turgor of its neighbours, including cannabis and bolsters essential oil production."

..i have no idea what turgor is :D

companion plants , sacrificial plants , cover cropping / living mulch 

outdoors around 5% of plant should be beneficial bug attractant plants 

lemon scented plant help deter bugs in the garden , lemon balm for instance 

like canna , plants that are dynamic accumulators are good to use in compost or 

mulches as they put back all what they take out once mulched of composted 

planting Daikon radish in your plot that you don't harvest will feed soil life as it breaks 

down = no dig aka No till , daikon is a big bloody root & is used on hard ground 

to break it up 

nitrogen fixing plants are also good for the obvious N it puts in the soil plus the nitrogen fixing bacteria 

the plants attract to fix the nitrogen 

lots of plants to choose from , all have there pros & cons , I would also look into IPM as your starting to do it already with ya tea 

Integrated Pest Management