Light cycles

As long as they are standing and green there is hope for cuts.

This is an old pic and can't remember exact age, but by development i think probably about 1.5 weeks... checkout the leaves that popped up in the rootzone! Under 24w cfl 24/0

attachicon.gifIMG_1615.JPG

Crazy, does light get into the root/res area?

This is the morning of day 5, these are experiments/prune clones on 18:6.  I have no real purpose for them but I find it difficult to just throw cuttings away.  Now I WANT to try to get aquatic leaves!

post-57324-0-16505500-1513154767_thumb.jpg

Edited by chained

As long as they are standing and green there is hope for cuts.

This is an old pic and can't remember exact age, but by development i think probably about 1.5 weeks... checkout the leaves that popped up in the rootzone! Under 24w cfl 24/0

attachicon.gifIMG_1615.JPG

As someone who is new to gardening(of any type) it looks quite weird that you have roots growing from a branch...

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Yes light would definitely get into the res. My plugs are pieces of yellow pool noodle which I think would be translucent. And there are some gaps around the noodle. And depending on which esky i use for the res there may be gaps around the lid.

There have been no slime issues or anything like that. But I only use it for 2 weeks so maybe not enough time for it to grow. It does get pretty warm, but I feel this aides root development. I have no research to back this up, just an untested theory. It is such a simple system.

Crazy, does light get into the root/res area?

This is the morning of day 5, these are experiments/prune clones on 18:6.  I have no real purpose for them but I find it difficult to just throw cuttings away.  Now I WANT to try to get aquatic leaves!

Those cuts are looking nice and healthy chained. I know what you mean, it breaks my heart every time I throw a bunch of prune waste away, let alone when I throw rooted clones or plants. But that's the way it has to go sometimes unfortunatly.

I had to look twice when I first saw those leaves, I hadn't seen it before and not since either. I ended up using that cut but pulled the leaves off before planting, they seemed pretty healthy though.

Those cuts are looking nice and healthy chained. I know what you mean, it breaks my heart every time I throw a bunch of prune waste away, let alone when I throw rooted clones or plants. But that's the way it has to go sometimes unfortunatly.

I had to look twice when I first saw those leaves, I hadn't seen it before and not since either. I ended up using that cut but pulled the leaves off before planting, they seemed pretty healthy though.

Thanks Ford, I think I'm starting to dial in my aeroponic water these days - no freak water veg' growth tho! Very interesting. 

Before I realized you were in an esky, I thought that perhaps the white container may have been allowing enough light to pass through, but that's clearly not the case in an esky.  Do you think there might be a specific hole that, given the right placement of your esky under your lights, there is essentially a beam of light that just happened to strike that cut in that spot?  I always believed that light would hurt roots and stunt its growth

I agree about the warmer water, at first I used to try to cool it and had less success.  Now that I let it stay between 25 and 28 degrees I get rootballs formed by day two or three. 

May I ask what you put in you res water, do you add nutrients and rooting hormones?

Heaps of light gets in there. Not sure about a specific beam that helped those leaves along.

The res just gets a little spoon of great white myco and the cuts get a dip in clonex gel or aloe vera. Water is not pH'd so most likely around 7-7.5

Whatever you're doing works that's for sure fordy.

I'm loving the fuzz on these new seedlings [emoji4]40873f75475fb6aa5b452cf68ead468b.jpg