Light cycles

Just as a little history fact. The 12:1 schedule is known as the “Gas Lantern/Light” routine and is an old and well known technique in the nurseryman's world.

Photoperiod sensitive plants would have gas lanterns that illuminated them 5 hours after sunset for an hour to stop the plant hormones from triggering.

By doing this the plants could be held at the long day phase for as long as required.

It's not a new method by any means given that gas lanterns go back to the 19th century.

post-62329-0-41021200-1512630219_thumb.jpeg

Wrocslow Poland.

Edited by eyesonly

Common knowledge brother.. it's been done here many times. But good info for the noobs.. fyi when I used the glr I did not see any reduction in veg growth. If anything the growth was more vigorous..I recall huge fan leaves. The reason i only used the system once was; elec savings were minimal, to keep it simple and lower pressure on electrical equipment by not switching on and off all the time. . You should do a 12:1 we haven't had one here for a while.

Yeh I'd like to see a side by side ,most curious if any extra growth is mostly between internodes or to the extent of extra branches

As that ,to me would be the clincher ,,not height,

Mate I understand you. I said it myself. Side by side would be ideal for someone to do. But its not gonna happen in the real world.

The reason is that established seasoned growers have done or tried glr already.

They have the traditional side already done in their heads many times over. They know exactly how big a plant is at 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 7 weeks and 3 days even with their traditional cycle.

All they need to do is commit one grow to glr. It's easier than doing a side by side as you do only one side of the work in reality. The other side you know how to compare with your experience.

So people in that situation have done glr. And they say good things like I wrote above.

You don't need side by side. You just need to decide to try it.

Edited by eyesonly