Hemp derived CBD vs recreational derived CBD

Gokugonemad2

Question

I’m currently using some industrial hemp-derived oral CBD oil, with mixed results. The stuff is nice enough, works well when used on its own, but it seems to fight with any THC that is subsequently taken. It leaves u with a f**ked up Frankenstein kind of stone which is not satisfying at all. It also has a (less prominent) negative interaction with benzos and opiates. I have no doubts that this is a result of CBD blocking the pleasure/reward/dopamine receptors, which I have read about.

So as I kind of expected, you can’t trick ur body into thinking u’ve been taking a strain with a balanced ratio of thc:cbd. The 1:1 stuff I was previously taking was completely seamless, the thc and cbd got along just fine. All part of the entourage effect or what not I guess.

My gut instinct tells me that a strain like cannatonic or AC/DC (1:20 thc:cbd or thereabouts) will beat the hemp-derived cbd hands down, in all areas concerned. I envision more terpenes present and I reckon the small increase in thc content would improve everything, and round off the sometimes hard edge of straight cbd (for me it’s often a little racey/stimulating),

Anybody have any experience with this? Have u compared both types? Happy to be told I’m wrong, even happier to confirm that I’m right but any light shed on this situation would be absolute gold. Once again I don’t see much genuine conversation about this stuff online. Cheers guys

Well said brother, agree 100%. I got lazy and stopped taking multivitamins, and stopped taking supplements advised to me by a naturopath, which I’m in the process of picking back up again.

And yep, I take Cannabis frequently and psychedelics infrequently, they are the only 2 heavy hitters that I know are beneficial to me right now. Far superior to any big pharma drugs if taken the correct way and in moderation. But try telling this to all the uneducated people close to u...if I came right out and said this to my wife, my mum, my boss, I would be completely shunned. Divorced, disowned and termination of employment. Only option I have, I think, is not to discuss this stuff with people in my day to day life. Thanks for the moral support guys. Keep this thread as a general discussion by all means, wasn’t trying to make it a sob story, cheers

Yep i agree micmac weve all been through or going through simailar experience and there plenty of them here,its more than just a place for grow tips and is a saving grace for a lot of people,its takes a strong person to put there hand up and say hey im not doing so well and i respect anyone who has the courage to do so, its not easy but its better than being alone and this site is a saving grace for so many in more ways than one,,GQ

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 2

yep agree mm & gq

sometimes the best thing is to find your not alone when within those you trust you feel you are 

you know naturopath medicine was the original way people were treated , our currant system is just that currant 

when you look into the history of it , i'll put this link up if you've got time to watch with others around you 

it's called Rockerfeller Medicine , nothing to do with  illegal substances so " Straight Person Friendly " viewing :)

https://youtu.be/X6J_7PvWoMw 

best i think you can do when support is scarce is to educate yourself & hope the people round you catch up 

either way it's a tough gig & i / we wish you well 

• Upvote 1

I've been following and I have to agree with many of the points being discussed within this conversation. Having just returned from Europe and more specifically Amsterdam, I wish this conversation had occurred prior to my return, damn it lol

But:

First off, it is not a sob story. If it was a sob someone would tell you so, that's for sure.

Successive govt have made canna "the demon weed", only recently are the benefits of the plant being acknowledged by some. Big pharma (and the AMA) certainly don't like the fact that it is being looked at as an alternative to their concoctions/poisons.

We live in a society where others love to judge and when it comes to the medical fraternity they consider their opinion as final. It ain't. I STRONGLY believe that it's not until the societal systems fail us that we start to question their legitimacy, those unaffected are usually the ones with the opinions, uninformed opinions. And I can guarantee you, from personal experience, that the dr's are the first to discredit canna as an option. Family seems to always be the first to take onboard the dr's views, which is disappointing to say the least.

My opinion now is fuck'em, fuck'em all. Medically, I have to manage for me, not them. They have their views and I can't change that, but again, I manage the best way I can for me, not them. Canna is one of my management tools.

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 2

Some good news for me, I managed to get hold of some 1:1 weed. God damn that was a roller coaster, finally got some relief and a ton of weight off my shoulders. I don’t know if the supply will be ongoing, so my predicament overall is still the same, but at least I can get that nice light and functIonal stone happening while I work out some sort of long term plan.

Itchybro I had a chat with the guy helping me out in regards to 1:1 genetics and in particular, stability. He told me what I think u already know, that each plant is gonna have different cannabinoid profiles regardless of how much the breeder is banging on about their product being stable. Said that genetic stability is of course a real thing but it is a bit over exaggerated for the sake of marketing, and that probably goes for the top most reputable breeders in the world. I guess they suppose that at the end of the day, who’s gonna complain when u get nice and stoned? Well..the answer is a small handful of people like myself and you (connoisseurs and curious guinea pigs, and what not).

Also there’s a product/test kit called Alpha CAT which lets u test levels of cannabinoids in the privacy of ur own home. Wouldn’t think it would be illegal to ship from overseas, unless it comes under paraphernalia, I don’t know. But if u noticed I posted on another thread recently, if u read between the lines u will know how to get it sent locally thru aus post. Is this something that would help u?

Edited by Gokugonemad2

yes i've heard of the alpha cat test kit https://www.alpha-cat.org/shop/test-kits/mini-kit/

haven't really checked it out but does seem to be a good thing although a lill on the expensive side 

first off i have a friend who used canna oil on his skin cancer & oral ingestion with fantastic success 

the oil was made by a local grower , my friend had no idea how it was grown or how 

the oil was made , of cause it's fixed his probs so why should he give a fuck 

i think this is a prob as not all growers are created equal , i've had conversations with self proclaimed 

organic growers that then got in touch with me with bug probs in flower , this organic grower was prepared

to spray anything to make sure he was able to harvest , organic protocols went out the window quick smart 

although my friend had great success what would have happened if he'd had to use Mr Organic Not above 

i don't know the answer but if your system is already compromised , what other probs might you be causing = what are you consuming 

now consider , i've given you flowers that have been sprayed with a nasty , lets say while smoking that flower 

your consuming 5ppm parts per million , now what happens to the PPM on flowers when those flowers 

are concentrated = allot higher than 5ppm per dose 

the main reason i would like to test is for the above , nasty's , most of us here are pretty sensible about the way 

we go about it but none of us can guarantee anything to anyone 

some reasons you'd want to know cannabinoides , drug driving , the roadside test is for THCa , if you thought you

were only taking CBD you might feel more comfortable getting behind the wheel , only to be pulled over & test positive 

for THCa 

some peoples aliments can have a negative reaction to THC , not to mention the " Strights " who have no interest in getting 

high & most likely fear getting high , if you want to turn someone off cannabis , get them high when they don't want to = instant 1st time bad trip 

been a couple of spots guys in the US using CBD in recovery , went to a dispensary brought CBD & got some amount of THC

cause they got high , this is a prob if your sport tests for THC

right now it is what it is but come the day we can test , i'll be first inline , for a grower or maybe just this grower , i would love to be able 

to use testing like a sports team uses statistics , just watching the game doesn't give you the whole story 

sorry , talkin tish again 

• Upvote 1

Yeah CBD getting pretty big in the sports scene. I’m a big UFC fan so I first watched Nate Diaz puff on a vape of CBD oil during his post fight interview. Gotta admit I thought that was bad-ass as f**k, then looking into it I released he was treating the inflammation around his face and skull, he took a hell of a beating and was puffed up as hell, and he didn’t care that his media obligations were occurring right when he needed to medicate. Interviewer queried wtf he was doing, he said he always takes it before training, and then afterwards for recovery. Quoted something like ‘it’ll have u in a better place’.

I had a good day with the straight cbd oil today, took 10mg as opposed to the 15mg recommended on the box. I see 10 mg mentioned a lot online, probably an ideal dose for many people. Maybe less is more with this stuff. It was a comfortable stimulant for a few hours, then the vaguest kinda stone, relaxing in a roundabout way, for another few hours. Talkative and friendly to people at work. Waited til the half-life had expired, popped a Valium (not an everyday drug for me), wasn’t particularly interested in getting stoned but my bag of the goods was smelling really damn nice, pinched off a tiny weeny bit of bud and held it under my tongue until it was dissolved. Good day with great feelings of well being, nice calm chats with the mrs after previous days fighting and arguing. Knowing I’ve got a stash of the goods for if I feel like it any time, would of probably relaxed me enough to let the cbd do its thing. On the flip side I think the cbd made me anxious and on edge on those days that I knew I didn’t have any thc on hand. This cbd thing has been a little hard to figure out, but I think it’s paying dividends.

I know man that alpha cat kit is expensive. 130 odd bucks for 2 tests (1-4 samples per test). Wouldn’t be worth it unless u organise to test the maximum 4 every time, for instance if u got 2 distinct phenos, a mates home grown plus ur fallback dealers gear. I’d pay 15 odd bucks for a test no worries. But 65? Tell him hes dreaming lol

good to hear your feeling good & positive 

& you've got what you need , the satisfaction in that alone can be positive enough

would rather not see the valium in there 

but who the fuck am i to say that to you 

i don't know you or your situation so take

that with a grain of salt , your the master of your domain 

i've def thought about that test , even spending the bucks just to have a play / try it 

& as you said if it was cheaper i would have def brought 1 or more depending on price 

the only down side is what do you have to compare to , how accurate is the test 

would still have a play though , at the right price , how knows maybe even at that price one day