Hemp derived CBD vs recreational derived CBD

Gokugonemad2

Question

I’m currently using some industrial hemp-derived oral CBD oil, with mixed results. The stuff is nice enough, works well when used on its own, but it seems to fight with any THC that is subsequently taken. It leaves u with a f**ked up Frankenstein kind of stone which is not satisfying at all. It also has a (less prominent) negative interaction with benzos and opiates. I have no doubts that this is a result of CBD blocking the pleasure/reward/dopamine receptors, which I have read about.

So as I kind of expected, you can’t trick ur body into thinking u’ve been taking a strain with a balanced ratio of thc:cbd. The 1:1 stuff I was previously taking was completely seamless, the thc and cbd got along just fine. All part of the entourage effect or what not I guess.

My gut instinct tells me that a strain like cannatonic or AC/DC (1:20 thc:cbd or thereabouts) will beat the hemp-derived cbd hands down, in all areas concerned. I envision more terpenes present and I reckon the small increase in thc content would improve everything, and round off the sometimes hard edge of straight cbd (for me it’s often a little racey/stimulating),

Anybody have any experience with this? Have u compared both types? Happy to be told I’m wrong, even happier to confirm that I’m right but any light shed on this situation would be absolute gold. Once again I don’t see much genuine conversation about this stuff online. Cheers guys

no personal experience

it has been mentioned a number of times on hash church ( youtube ) by Skunk Man Sam 

1 to 1 has a diff effect than the 2 separately 

Sam wants THC & found the same as you , it fights against it , Sam's all bout getting high

not allot of interest in CBD apart from what it will do to his high 

he says you can't get high if you've consumed CBD first but you can with a 1 to 1 

i've gotta think mother nature can put things together much better than we can 

from memory . that would be stoner memory , he also suggested 1 to 1 makes the high last longer 

plus i think terps are very important cannabinoids do the work but terps are driving the cannabinoid ship so to speak , personal opinion  

Skunk man Sam knows what’s up, I will check him out, thanks. And yep u can absolutely get high on 1:1 stuff. If ur talking concentrates, one hit for me is a feeling of well-being. 2 hits is a nice light stone. 3 hits is a stronger stone but still an overall medical feel. From there u can take any high thc product u like and u will most definitely get stoned as f**k, my estimate is about 75% as stoned as u would have been if u didn’t start with the 1:1 first. Difference is u will not be couch locked, and the euphoria will not be quite as strong, but this was what I myself was looking for.

There’s a basic graph/chart I’ve seen that shows the curvature of the half-life’s of thc and cbd, overlayed on one another. The thc being a steep curve and then a sharp drop off, half-life 1.5hrs. Cbd a gentle curve with half life of I think 9 hrs. It shows the point where they intersect, after the 1.5 hr mark approx. Someone could analyse this graph until the cows come home, make any sort of rationalisation of what happens at that point of intersection, and it will not bring them anywhere near the truth of what actually happens (when u take 1:1 ratio stuff specifically), or how it feels. I used it daily for more than a year and I can say, there is no real drop off at all, u do become less ‘high’ over time, but it is basically a seamless transition. It lets u down gently without really bringing u down per se, which I think is what skunk man Sam is talking about when he says the high lasts longer. There is no sharp drop off where the thc half life is supposed to expire, it’s like it rides with the cbd thru to the 1/4 life, even the 1/8 life. And there is basically no prompt or trigger that makes u go chase another hit, it’s always ur choice. I keep as clean as I can these days but at my core I am a raging drug addict, so this scenario is an absolute god send. Peace

Edited by Gokugonemad2

interesting stuff 

the " feeling of well being " seems to come up quite a bit with CBD uses 

you been using tested concentrates ?  

been looking into solid 1 to 1 strains for concentrating at the mo , medihaze being a sativa dom 

& critical mass , indi dom , being just 2 , mainly cos not being able to test , i want something that's 

consistent 1 to 1 from seed & poss a day & night concentrate  

once i have this i should be able to add to the conversation with some more personal understanding

of a 1 to 1 

i do think full plant extracts are the way to go , for some though , the THC high is a unwanted side effect   

cheers mate 

raging drug addict secret hand shake to ya :)

I only ever had the one extract that was 1:1, the genetics were the same every time. I don’t know what it was because the guy supplying me gave me an absolute wealth of information every time I caught up with him, so I was hesitant to ask questions about anything he didn’t already freely tell me. Chances are if I asked him he would have told me, but I didn’t ask. It was great as both a daytime smoke and as a night time smoke. But if I smoked it all day, by night time it would not hit the spot quite as much as I would have liked. I don’t know if it was indica or sativa dominant, I barely know anything about land races and families because when I was a full time stoner, where I’m from, nobody ever talked about that and u just get what ur given. I smoked almost non stop for 7 years and nearly every time I scored a bag, it would be a different strain. So I’ve likely tried everything under the sun, but won’t know what’s what until I rediscover them with a data sheet handy.

The bloke who was helping me advised CBD crew seeds if I wanted to grow myself, so it must have been one from that company I reckon. They’ve got over a dozen 1:1 strains. From browsing around it seems they are the best breeders for stable 1:1 genetics, so that’s what ur gonna get pretty much without fail. Most other breeders that do cbd seeds, have a strain or two that say the cannabinoids are a stable 1:1. Generally if it’s not stable they will say there’s 2 main phenotypes eg. a 1:1 indica and a 1:20 sativa, like how cannatonic has 2 distinct phenos like that. I don’t think u can go wrong with CBD crew seeds, the guys who run it are household names and well respected.

Man if u ever find a way to get this stuff online, pleeease let me know lol. I can’t source it locally and if I grew it myself my mrs would f**king divorce me, it’s already as tense as it can get with her, she’s 100% convinced that I suffer no pain or discomfort whatsoever, that it’s all in my head and that I’m just a selfish junkie (her words) who is robbing money from the funds of our small family. So yeah, no support from her, and definitely no support from big pharma, the guys who ease my pain with one hand and destroy my liver with the other. Yeah things are not good for me right now lol

unfortunately mate without any testing here in oz , weather you grow it yourself or buy online 

you can't know what your consuming , online would be even worse i would think

some people have no probs taking your money weather your at deaths door or just wanna get high  

the best you can do is grow your own , still in the same boat but at least you control how it's grown 

& what used , more importantly , what's not used 

as a grower your growing a plant but really what we're growing is cannabis triscombe heads

it is the reason why traditional hash smoking countries look upon flower smoking as a bit peasant like 

most growers are aware of " Clear , Cloudy & Amber " as to when a plant is ready for harvest 

but a plant will do that pretty much regardless of how it's grown , testing will sort the men from the

boys so to speak in this regard , allot of growers aren't aware there growing 3 types of triscombes 

testin testin testin 

as far as your wife go's education is the best i can offer & the fact growing your own outdoors 

would save you a shit tone of money from not having to buy 

sorry things aren't good with the 2 of you , hope you can sort it for the benefit of you both 

good luck bro

• Upvote 1

Mate it's hard when the wife doesn't understand, I know the problems with pharma drugs , forget to get nexium today , the ulcer is from anti inflammatories, numerous other side effects, it sucks the health system here is so screwed up

You get relief from 1 thing only to find it has been the cause to something else

Sometimes I think that's the plan , they make money when u are sick , no illness no cash, it's not in their interest to cure you they just want to treat you

Unfortunately I can't get through the day without painkillers, I have tried, if I leave it too long and don't have one the pain is bad, and can take a day or to get back under control

my wife's problem is she can't actually understand, for all intensive purposes I look ok except for my hands

As itchy said education on the subject might help , fortunately my wife is a smoker, which makes a little less friction where weed is concerned but I think she is still a bit sceptical about it as legitimate form of relief

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

I appreciate the feedback fellas. Didn’t anticipate chatting about the mrs and how they don’t understand at all, but it has lifted my mood. I know education is the way to go, but when ur labelled a hypochondriac by a stubborn AF woman it’s a bit hard to see how that can be achieved.

I just got back from the docs as I’m under a lot of stress and am having a hard time coming off that anti depressant paroxetine, the withdrawals are out of this world, especially since I don’t have access to any decent cbd meds anymore. Although I already knew what the response would be, I asked if there’s something I can take for stress. The answer I got was to either go back to a full dose of paroxetine, or switch to a similar drug Prozac (ie. big pharma do not have even a single drug available for stress, u know, that most common of problems everyone suffers from to some degree due to our unavoidable stressful lifestyles). I was on the verge of asking the doc if he’s retarded, offering me another SSRI without determining if I’m low in seretonin or not (which I don’t think I am in any significant way). But I know he’s just following the textbook, just doing his job. I also asked if I could get a referral to see if I might have fibromyalgia, as I have all the symptoms of it and also had severe head injuries years back, which is a suspected cause for fibro. He simply said no I don’t have fibromyalgia (I have never met this doctor in my life and have very sparse medical records at this surgery). I told him I’ve been on and off codeine/ibuprofen for 10 years since the head injury, that it is effective but I’m not comfortable taking it any more, due in part to having slightly elevated liver enzymes. His response? He handed me a script for panadeine forte...

I agree that big pharma do not want to cure u, they want to treat u over and over again until ur so damn dependant that ur on the garbage for life. The motive for this program is as clear as day. Rant over, I’m probably gonna just get some recreational weed to hit up gently until I can get some suitable canna meds. Peace

Mate I really feel for u, it's a merry go round that they want to keep u on,I usually try not to talk about my health problems but on this occasion I feel it might be relevant

After 25 yrs of this test n that test and finding no obvious cause I was given anti inflammatories n pain killers

2 yrs ago walked into my doctors , he wasn't there n had a woman there to look after things

She asked me to give her a couple minutes to read file , looked at me and said you have tight muscle syndrome, never heard of it , but she was certain

Went back to chronic pain clinic(what a waste of time) and he laughed tight muscle syndrome, that's really rare are u sure that's what she said?

Yep

Well I gotta send you for more tests , I said no more tests this is bullshit , I didn't drag myself outa bed to hear this

Went back n seen her and she sent me to a dietitian, the gym and recommended somewhere to purchase cannabis oil as a form of relief, unfortunately the amount I required and the price it was made impossible to purchase regularly

It's a real pain in the arse, a jornt like what I did last week in the bush lays me up for a few days before I can move around again, wife comes home from work and thinks I just been sitting there smoking n drinking, well that's true, but believe me I would rather go fishing , walk the dogs , whatever

The reason I sit there n drink n smoke is cause I can't move, shit if I couldnt grow I'd probably go mad, it gives me that outlet that makes me want to get up n do something, anyway I ramble

You're not alone mate, there's in thing more though, depression is something that I've struggled with from time to time, I've found that if i keep putting things in my calendar, n have something to look forward to , dream about even, it helps me not to think backwards only forwards, I can't do anything about yesterday, it's done, but I can do something about tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

• Upvote 1

that's tough to hear from the both of you 

don't have any words i can say 

relationships are a full time gig , someone pointing the finger when they have there own issues is a hard one 

self medicating is sometimes the only way to avoid prescription meds but need to look at what your 

medicating yourself with , alcohol isn't the best of choices for anyone & alters the mind of some in not a good way 

i'm sure we've all seen the violent drunk , canna doesn't do that , the other thing that doesn't do that but some very

interesting things it does do is magic mushrooms & psychedelics 

there are a number of uni's around the world doing research into this , they are looking at brain activity , under normal

conditions , they can see connections running round the sides of the brain , on mushrooms there are a number of new connections 

running across the brain , side to side & front to back that seem to be very different to the connections you have normally 

this has lots of potential for PTSD , Parkinson's ect 

the other is diet , it's the one thing i think all doc's should do first , do a nutrient make up , where am i deficient , where do i have an excess 

your body is in constant renewal , skin . blood , hair , nails & everything else , what happens when your body is out of say iodine , what is iodine 

used for in the body , & what does the body do when your deficient , the body will still do what it has to do just can't do it as well & starts to reproduce 

cells that aren't quite right , iodine & manganese i think are important for thyroid health , if your having thyroid probs check your iodine & manganese levels 

& i bet there not where they should be 

food is a big one when you consider modern day Ag , round up ready crops are in almost all processed foods we eat ,  glyphosate the active ingredient in 

round up was originally designed as a descaler for industrial tanks , minerals would build up on the insides of the tanks decreasing there holding capacity 

glyphosate was designed to be a demineralizer which is now in our food , i bet you once again if you do a nutrient make up you'll find your mineral deficient 

you know the sugar industry paid a small amount of money to a group of scientists way back to say cholesterol is the danger , this is BS , the danger is the

processed white sugar   

so you consume chemicals from the doc , you consume chemicals in your food & of cause this is all cool because we can have " Safe Levels " that are ok 

& who the fuck determined that , researches working for the chemical companies , anyone can make science work for them , just gotta ask the right question 

to receive the answer your looking for , truth , of cause it's science !

sorry for the rant 

• Upvote 1