Sampling during grow.

Got a few different little buds, sitting on top of me light, normally throw them in the sun room, couple of days and good to go either way

If your going to microwave the shit, best way is chop up buds, rap in two squares of paper towel like a tube, to let some steam out the ends,

on high for a minute, wait 5 mins then 30 seconds on high, wait 10 mins, then throw in the bin and smoke the nice shit on top of the light

I've been defoling this whole grow.

Been drying the leaves in an oven at about 75c for around an hour. Then when dried and crispy, I rehydrate it in a glass jar for about half an hour.

Smokes pretty good, effects are (surprisingly) moderate, taste is leaf. lol

In fact the effects of the leaf has me excited to try the final produce.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 3

tl;dr desktop vaporisers with fans are great for sampling

My method FWIW: Fresh bud samples chopped up fine get dried with the fan running in the cyclone of my DDave/EQ desktop at 110C for 20 minutes or so. Once it's dried, it goes into the stem as normal and gets vaporised at 200C.

Provides an excellent idea of what effects you'll get from the cured bud but the taste is way better once it's properly cured....

• Upvote 1

Cannabis should never be microwaved the extreme heat microwaves produce destroys cannabinoids and terpenes and renders cannabis fucked

post-62329-0-71851000-1512202003_thumb.jpeg

Relax. It's just a sample. No one's saying you do this for your entire harvest.

But to be honest I'm glad someone of Jorge Cervantes level in the Cannabis world thinks it's perfectly fine, and as far as I'm concerned that is that.

Moreover many of us here can verify that it works. The cannabis certainly isn't fucked and it's probably best left at that.

Edited by eyesonly

lol i am relaxed,dont get ya knickers in a twist eyesonly its a public forum everyone's entitled to there opinion and i posted that post based on my personal experience of ruining good buds from microwaving them not from something i read and for me tasting the difference between microwaved and properly cured buds is all the proof i need

• Upvote 2

attachicon.gifE1D58FBF-4BE4-4DD0-9E15-9C1FC5F8A13F.jpeg

Relax. It's just a sample. No one's saying you do this for your entire harvest.

But to be honest I'm glad someone of Jorge Cervantes level in the Cannabis world thinks it's perfectly fine, and as far as I'm concerned that is that.

Moreover many of us here can verify that it works. The cannabis certainly isn't fucked and it's probably best left at that.

Who's Jorge Cervantes? 

Microwave is a shit way to quick dry a bit of smoko imo and doesn't give a true picture of the qualities of properly cured buds anyway. I would have thought Jorge would be able to afford a $3 loupe to "test for ripeness".

Microwaves have intense hot spots so you can easily destroy the cannabiniod profile using a microwave.. If you are in a pickle and don't have a better method you would turn it right down and protect it as much as possible and do it in short bursts.. But a gentler heat would be preferable to a microwave, something like a bain marie or a dehydrator machine. Weather you use a microwave or some other quick dry method, the true quality of the smoke will not be known until after a proper cure.

• Upvote 1

Who's Jorge Cervantes?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Cervantes

“Jorge Cervantes is the nom de plume of George Van Patten, an American horticulturist, publisher and writer specializing in indoor, outdoor, and greenhouse cultivation of medical cannabis.

His books, articles, photographs and instructional DVDs demonstrate techniques for high-yield closet, basement, backyard, and guerrilla gardens. Cannabis Universities in the USA use his book, Marijuana Horticulture, as the main textbook and his videos as instructional aids. Cervantes wrote a Q & A column (Jorge's Rx) for 10 years and continues to write feature articles in High Times magazine.”