Should I Top or Prune?

You can get a lower and bushier plant without topping her by just bending the top down - bit by bit if needed- this will force the side branches into action without loosing any bud sites or stressing the plant.

Your plant ,your choice on what to do.

Also,,I'd be aiming to put her into a larger pot.

Edited by Serrated edge
  • Upvote 2

No shortage of options. Like SE mentioned, might want to repot it or get it into the ground soon-ish.

I'm not sure of your intentions, but considering the picture, I probably go with garden bed along a fence line (like in pic), with northern aspect (north north-west if possible). Construct a frame and mesh screen using dog mesh or similar (100mm x 100mm mesh size), about 1 metre wide by 3-5 metre long, and lay it horizontally. Have it standing 500mm-750mm the ground.

Dig a hole in the middle of the frame about a metre in diameter, and 500mm deep. Fill that up with a blend of your preferred potting or soil mix, and tip the plant on it 11th node or thereabouts, and train those canes (branches) undernath and through where needed. Depending how vigorous the growth is, you may need to tip them one more time, but I wouldn't tip any later than mid-January.

But before bothering with all that. We're going to have to determine the sex of the plant to see if it's worth it. :)

Any idea of the strain?

Hi bill,if you just want to encourage some bottom braching and bush her up so there's more bud sites than yes just carefully pinch out the new growth to produce two main colas instead of one and give her a week or two to recover before doing anything else and i think you'll be pretty happy with the results,cheers mate,,,GQ

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app