Harvest - Curing Time - Holidays

62% Boveda is you friend.

10 bucks off ebay....

I have some unused boveda but I don’t think it would take the place of burping the jars would it? I think they would do their thing placing them in the jar after a month for longer term storage so you don’t need to keep opening the jars.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Yeh apple and potatoes skins not orange because you dont get the citrus smell instead you end up with an off orange smell not so nice but the other two work very well and its free costs nothing,but a rainy day and leave out under cover will do it all for you,no help needed with that method mother nature sorts it all out for you lol

• Upvote 1

Absolutely leave them hanging, then jar up with your 62% Bovedas and everything will be sweet. Absolutely do not jar up semi dried buds. Boveda Packs are brilliant. I buy the big ones and wouldn't be without them. They last and last. Lettuce, orange peel etc I've tried them all. Uneven and difficult to get just right. Boveda all the way.

I'd weigh up whether you need to leave the fan on for the 10 days you're away. I usually hang mine with fans for the first day, maybe 2 and then hang with no fans but good ventilation and adequate airflow for anything up to 2 weeks (cool/moderate temperatures). Works for me. When you dry like this, long and slow, you're also starting the curing process. Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

I've never tryed bovedas but lots off people say there very good ive just never needed them because there so many ways to replenish moisture for free and once its at the point of preferred dryness i seal the goods in something airthight and store in a dark area,when done correctly buds seem to come out as good as the day they went in, i like my buds dry no risk of mould that way,just wondering how long do boveda packs last missracheal do they have a shelf life?

• Upvote 1

I'd weigh up whether you need to leave the fan on for the 10 days you're away. I usually hang mine with fans for the first day, maybe 2 and then hang with no fans but good ventilation and adequate airflow for anything up to 2 weeks (cool/moderate temperatures). Works for me. When you dry like this, long and slow, you're also starting the curing process. Enjoy!

Ok, so I think I’ll leave the fan running for a day or two initially then put it on a timer to run a few times a day for a few seconds just to get the air around them. The place I’m drying them in the box is under a set of stairs with low humidity but no real natural airflow. My thinking of putting them in the box is because I don’t want dusty buds. Thanks for the tip!

Good thinking, no one likes dusty buds hahaha. I should add that I give mine a good blast for that first 24 hrs or longer with 2 or 3 oscillating fans. Removing excess moisture as quickly as possible initially is really helpful imho and pretty much negates the risk of mould developing during the rest of the drying process. If your fan is providing the only air circulation and airflow then having it on low or a timer would be ideal. Nothing worse than big, dense mouldy buds arghhh. Better to overdo the fan than underdo imho.