Harvest - Curing Time - Holidays

So I’ll be harvesting about one week before I go on a ten day holiday. I usually hang in a cardboard box from strings and run a small usb fan at the bottom to keep the air moving. It's by no means a massive amount I will have but enough to keep me happy for a few months.

Just as they’ll be ready to jar up, I’ll be away for those 10 days. I need suggestions, put in the jar with the boveda pack and risk mould as I won’t be able to burp them OR keep them hanging for the additional ten days with the risk/certainty of them being too dry. 

Taking the jars with me or leaving with a mate is not an option although I thought about it :)

Suggestions pls from the helpful community here :) 

MLG

• Upvote 1

So I’ll be harvesting about one week before I go on a ten day holiday. I usually hang in a cardboard box from strings and run a small usb fan at the bottom to keep the air moving. It's by no means a massive amount I will have but enough to keep me happy for a few months.

Just as they’ll be ready to jar up, I’ll be away for those 10 days. I need suggestions, put in the jar with the boveda pack and risk mould as I won’t be able to burp them OR keep them hanging for the additional ten days with the risk/certainty of them being too dry. 

Taking the jars with me or leaving with a mate is not an option although I thought about it :)

Suggestions pls from the helpful community here :) 

MLG

You could put in a jar loosely and cover/band with a muslin cloth thats doubled over a few times to allow air exhange but not dry out fully.

• Upvote 1

Thanks all for your replies. I lurk on this forum every day and have learnt heaps and occasionally contribute where I can because I am new to growing.

As for my dilemma, I think I can summarize and say that at both worst cases, I’d prefer overly dry than losing the whole lot to mould.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Hey midlife over dry is noot a major problem you can easily replenish moisture but you cant not fix mould,leave them to dry and when you get back to them you can add a piece of potato peel to the bag of buds or apple peel not so much orange because it can leave a off orangey odour or you can pop the buds into a bag and stick them in the freezer till there frtozen then take it back out again and as it thaws it will give moisture back or my favourite way to add moisture back is to buds simply wait till it rains and leave them on a plate outside and as it rains and theres moisture in the air mother nature will put back all the moisture you need,,,its never a good idea to risk mould,,,good luck with it and have a good holiday,cheers ,,,GQ

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

Hey midlife over dry is noot a major problem you can easily replenish moisture but you cant not fix mould,leave them to dry and when you get back to them you can add a piece of potato peel to the bag of buds or apple peel not so much orange because it can leave a off orangey odour or you can pop the buds into a bag and stick them in the freezer till there frtozen then take it back out again and as it thaws it will give moisture back or my favourite way to add moisture back is to buds simply wait till it rains and leave them on a plate outside and as it rains and theres moisture in the air mother nature will put back all the moisture you need,,,its never a good idea to risk mould,,,good luck with it and have a good holiday,cheers ,,,GQ

Thanks GQ. I like the idea of leaving them out during a humid day and I’ll try the orange and apple peel too...actually I wouldn’t mind a bit of a citrus taste/smell so will try with a small bag.