Earwigs

These little mofo's recently got into my hardwired smoke alarm circuit and caused the alarms to constantly trip somehow. When they hit here they hit in plague proportions. fortunately haven't turned to any crop yet. *touch wood*

i've read petroleum jelly earwigs won't cross 

never tried it but it comes up a bit , put some round the base of the stork of your plant

might help to put some round holes they might try to get in , they like night time to do there thing but are attracted to light 

& didn't know some of them can fly they say , can't say i've seen that b4

• Upvote 1

i've read petroleum jelly earwigs won't cross 

never tried it but it comes up a bit , put some round the base of the stork of your plant

might help to put some round holes they might try to get in , they like night time to do there thing but are attracted to light 

& didn't know some of them can fly they say , can't say i've seen that b4

Cheers, mate. Some handy tips there. TBH, I know little about them. As you mentioned they're attracted to light at night, the alarms do have have a small green LED to show that they're active so I guess they must be attracted to that.

• Upvote 1