This baby was thriving 2 weeks ago!

Yeah i give my veggies and fruit plants a water in the afternoon too... but cannabis apparently doesn't enjoy having wet feet so better in the morning i think.. makes sense to activate all the nutrients so it can feed throughout the day

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Yeah, I guess it comes down to your watering schedule, Dpart. I water mine in the afternoon and they've never seemed to have suffered for it, though I do let my soil/potting mix dry out between watering.

I agree, Mornings do make more sense. But I never seem to get the time at that part of the day.

Also, billymcd. If you ever need to spray your plant/s with pesticides or foliar feeding. Be sure to do that very early in the morning or late afternoon. I recently got caught out one mid-afternoon spraying mine on a overcast day. Here's me thinking it was going to remain that way for the rest of the day, but no sooner I sprayed them, the bloody sun come out and burnt them quite a bit, fortunately it was predominately on the bigger leaves though.

• Upvote 1

Ahh that’s an unreal tip, really appreciate it!! I’ll switch up the water cycle.

I’ve currently got two (approx same age) and the other had experienced the same thing.. but seemed to recover on her own before it got too bad. When it happened to the one posted here it was a lot more alarming, because she’d been THRIVING in the lead up. That’s what led me back to these forums.

So it was really awesome to see that deeper green come out again yesterday/today. Shame I didn’t know about the perlite sooner, but I’ll add it when these recover and get a bit stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

No worries man.. I'm only learning as well so only really passing on info that I've picked up rather than personal experience... that being said, my seedlings were similar to yours at the beginning.. not as yellow, but drooping and stu ted.. when i backed off on water and watered in morning instead they picked up nicely.

Just gotta remember when they're still small that they're very moody and have to keep a good eye on em.. once a bit bigger then there's more room for error.

I think the best tip I've read for us new growers is to keep it simple to begin with, learn to grow good weed.. then you can learn to grow great weed as you get better [emoji106]

• Upvote 2

Good to see the colour come back.

With the tomato herb mix it won't need too much in the way of nutes for a month or so but keep an eye on it. That mix washes out pretty easily and is relatively low in nitrogen. Also while seasol is a good tonic and can lessen shock from transplant it doesn't have much in the way of nutrition for your plants. Aand fertilizer wise stay away from miracle grow way too much nitrogen you will start burning leaves n locking out all the other good stuff

How are they looking now, billymcd?

That’s a tough one to answer! They were going gangbusters in the new soil until that stretch of hot days last week (Melbourne). They both seemed to be loving the heat/sun, but one day within the space of a few hours they both deteriorated SIGNIFICANTLY! The bigger developed brown sections on the leaves, which internet research taught me could be calcium deficiency. The smaller just curled up her leaves like they’d been burnt with a lighter! I quickly moved to the shade and have been monitoring closely.

The bigger seems ok and is still growing. The new foliage doesn’t have brown marks so I’m hoping it was just heat-related. The smaller is touch and go. Still producing new green, but I reckon they’ve both copped a lot of punishment. It’s a bit sad really. They were the only two seeds that sprouted and considering that was around grand final day, they should be a lot bigger than this by now right?

34d269169754ffcdf5403f4454a31b54.jpg1dd695846bfc48043e5e2fa61f965bfc.jpg12099bd0df02fe03d29f7f5d2b8e5d82.jpg1c4caaccd0d3033cfa06c8704a3ff062.jpg

8d732aa7033da1bb72be93c42ede4072.jpg

Edited by billymcd

I agree with billygoat. I would keep them out of intense afternoon sun and let the soil dry out a bit. You will probably see the big one green up more and get a bit bigger. The little one is definately drowning. If the soil is water logged they can't breathe. Roots breathe oxygen leaves breathe CO2 more or less

Really? Because this all occurred when there’d been a week of dry days and I’d completely scaled back on watering them both. I’m only watering now when I dig my finger into the soil and it’s dry 1-2 inches below the surface.

They definitely got a fair bit of rain over the last 2-3 days so you’re prob right, but strange that these symptoms all appeared when it was dry. But I’ll keep them undercover from now on. The soil drains really well, but perhaps not well enough for this stage of life

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners