• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Drug Detox Kits, Toxin Detox Kits, Drug Testing Kits and Medical Condition masking products

Photo

Centrifugal or Mixed Flow fan?

- - - - - fan

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

resist

resist

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic

Hi all!

I'm choosing an exhaust fan for my grow space. Have decided on a fan with integrated speed controller and thermostat, as I don't like having to constantly check my grow and play with fan speeds to get the right temp. So I'm looking at Blauberg fans which seem ideal for my needs. They are not cheap, but I'm willing to spend some cash to reduce my workload in the grow.

Blauberg have a "Centro G" series, which are Centrifugal fans. There is also the "Turbo G" series which are Mixed Flow fans. The Centro G series are a little cheaper than the Turbo G.

Centro G - https://www.eppinghy...mm/10-inch.html

Turbo G - https://www.hydroexp...-2-Speed-Switch

Have done some reading and people seem to recommend Centrifugal fans for exhaust fans. Could anyone explain the main difference, and why Centrifugal are recommended?

Say thanks with some bits:  1Ed71abMUAJ3q3XBQzYzSzJRydR58kKeT1

Riverinaboy

Riverinaboy

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 Posts:
  • Interests:Growing big fat buds.
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Lighting: Hi Par 600 400 DE

Hi all!

I'm choosing an exhaust fan for my grow space. Have decided on a fan with integrated speed controller and thermostat, as I don't like having to constantly check my grow and play with fan speeds to get the right temp. So I'm looking at Blauberg fans which seem ideal for my needs. They are not cheap, but I'm willing to spend some cash to reduce my workload in the grow.

Blauberg have a "Centro G" series, which are Centrifugal fans. There is also the "Turbo G" series which are Mixed Flow fans. The Centro G series are a little cheaper than the Turbo G.

Centro G - https://www.eppinghy...mm/10-inch.html
Turbo G - https://www.hydroexp...-2-Speed-Switch

Have done some reading and people seem to recommend Centrifugal fans for exhaust fans. Could anyone explain the main difference, and why Centrifugal are recommended?

I use the turbo G love the thermostat keeps it on the right temp. Might buy one more for summer.

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

midlifegardner

midlifegardner

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 Posts:
I have 2 x turbo 200 US with the 2 speeds. One for intake which runs at low speed and the out at high speed. I found that when the filter was attached the outtake was pulling at a lower rate than the intake so I had to restrict the intake with some foam so not ideal. When I’m in veg I disconnect the filter and in/out works perfectly. In hindsight I would have purchased an intake fan at much much lower cfm than the out.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

resist

resist

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)

Thanks for the input fellas! Seems I'm on the right track with the Blauberg.

Any thoughts on the Turbo G (Mixed flow) versus the Centro G (Centrifugal)?

midlifegardner

midlifegardner

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 Posts:

I haven't looked at the specs but go with the quietest. I found when you put the filter on, it makes the fan work a bit harder so its a tad noisier.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Riverinaboy

Riverinaboy

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 Posts:
  • Interests:Growing big fat buds.
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Lighting: Hi Par 600 400 DE

The turbo G is quite and you control the speed until the thermostat kicks in then flat-out until the temperature down past your setting.

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fan

CYCO Platinum Series Hydroponics Nutrients & Additives
Sol-Sense 315W Sol-Unit LEC Digital Ballst Kit
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.