"Leaf" Australian Medical Cannabis documentary

My partner and I are in a similar situation as these parents, so I can relate to all of the emotions that these folks experience. Just to give you an idea to the BS many parents are up against, here's a example of the view the medical profession (Neurologist in this case) has towards Medicinal Cannabis. This is the shit you get handed after paying a $400 consultation fee. Hopefully the quality of the photo isn't lost with the upload to the site..

post-10745-0-08801600-1512566788_thumb.jpg

Whoever compiled the doco needs to be commended, as the they done a great job of giving general public a insight to what we experience. A good non bias view that is directly to the point. Well done. :good:

And you paid good money for that garbage shame on some these so called educated doctors,i recken that neurologists and psychologists are some of the worst,they do not like there opinions being challenged and there still happy to charge ridiculous prices and rob from the people doing it the hardest and with little to no satisfaction ,they make me sick to the stomach the leeches,wishing your child/family a very happy christmas and even better new year indy

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Cheers, GQ. And the same to your family. :)

Don't worry, We've given up on the tosser as I do doubt his knowledge in his own field. Just the title of the letter, and the content in it speaks volumes.

Poorly researched, if researched at all. It's fucking Cannabis, not friggin' Marijuana. And lacking detailed evidence in regards to this "American Academy of Neurology (April 2017)" that he drew on. A grade 7 student could've researched it and compiled the letter better..

what a prick 

it's a " i'm So Sick Of Talking About Cannabis " letter 

as well as being a note to the powers that be , Look how i'm doing the right thing , now don't take my license 

if you have to wait for gov departments , regulatory bodies , to ok something , it would be quicker & who knows 

prob cheaper to move to more open country to get well 

just go's to show & really unfortunate , that the only way to get real info is to search it yourself 

i've seen a little bit about a guy called Forest in the US , he has a son that has seizures & has done really well with 

finding what combinations of cannabinoids & terps work well for him & for other kids / parents of X problems that have

contacted him , he has a website http://caladriusnetwork.org/ & is building incredible database of cannabis combinations

as it relates to diff medical issues in kids , fantastic work he's doing , he showed a vid of a kid with what i think is termed 

butterfly disease where the skin is really fragile , the slightest touch & they blister , there whole body has to be wrapped in 

bandages everyday , with incredible pain to do so , Forest made a salve to use & the parents are over the moon at how well

it worked for there kid 

well worth checking out & maybe even contacting them for info 

wish you & your fam well indy 

• Upvote 1

Cheers, itchy.

What you mentioned in the top of your post is a good summary to what I walked away thinking. Especially after seeing there were a small stack of these letters on the front counter.

In regards to our situation. I'm a bit iffy, and the missus is of two minds still. So it's a issue I'm not prepared to pressure her about. Though we're friends of another couple that have a child in a similar situation, that has managed to get onto the QLD Gov approved stuff, so we're interested to see how their child goes with it first. As it is, if I heard the missus correctly, she said it's going to cost them $2k a month and for that reason they themselves are only trailing it for a few months to see how they go. If it helps their child's epilepsy I'd say they'd probably stick with it.

As for making my own. TBH, I'm not up to the challenge and start playing Doctor with our child's Meds. A lot of the pharmaceutical meds for epilepsy is some serious meds I don't believe a parent should be messing with because most them need to be weened off over time, and if you don't know what your doing you are potentially endangering your child's life. That's something I'm not prepared to have on my conscience, or have the missus hold resentment to me about if it adversely affected our child's health.

Not only that, my personal opinion about Medicinal Cannabis is a similar one to Pharmaceutical Meds. Where it can be a hit or a miss from one person to the next. No one pill is a cure all for a certain condition, very much like Cannabis strains where it works for one person, but not the next. This is the very reason I hope that one day Medicinal Cannabis can be openly studied without restriction for the better of mankind. The commonsense approach many of us have been calling out for, for decades.

Fortunately, the meds are controlling our child's seizures, mostly. Though we're still witnessing 20-50 mild turns a day. So currently they're being suppressed somewhat. But yeah, when the big ones come it can really rock your world.