Viparspectra LED's anyone own them?

Does anyone on here use viparspectra LED's for veg and flower?

Plenty of reviews out there but mostly in conjunction with HPS or multiple large 600's etc

I am thinking either the 450w dual spec or the new 300w (with more red light spectrum).

Seeking advice for a small tent grow 1-2 plants in a 60 x 60 footprint will be fighting hot temps so I dont think HPS will be ideal.

• Upvote 1

Im in the middle of setting the Viparspectra 600W in my tent. Bloke at the Hydro shop said that it'll be fine for for a max of 4 plants as he has used the same setup before. As you said, the bud density won't be as good but should be above average... Hopefully.

Thanks for your reply mate, what size tent you got and do you notice temps much when using the unit?

im using the 600 atm. think it draws around 280 from the wall.my first grow so can't give u much advice on it. seems ok in veg, maybe not as good for flower. first couple weeks using it was with veg switch on only, soon changed and ran both veg an bloom switches since.

Okay thanks SOOTY will be keen to see how they go for you in flower, do you have a grow diary going?

Me and my mate started off with the 300w ones. I ran two in a old cupboard. I didnt mind them low heat when i get a veg tent setup they will be going back in it. They say they are 300w but they only pull 113w roughly. The buds arent as dense as hps, cmh, mh but they are fairly coated in resin.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Nice man yeah i saw that about actual watts vs stated watts, did you harvest much despite the airy buds?

Thanks for your reply mate, what size tent you got and do you notice temps much when using the unit?

Okay thanks SOOTY will be keen to see how they go for you in flower, do you have a grow diary going?

Nice man yeah i saw that about actual watts vs stated watts, did you harvest much despite the airy buds?

hey cam, yeah i do have somewhat of a half arsed diary floating around lol, light has run fine for me so far, runs fairly cool and not much fan noise

I personally dont know what the temps will be as i haven't got my plants ready to go in the tent yet. But when i do ill let you know what i find. My tent is a 1.2x1.2x2.0m mate.

Yeah got 6 ounces off a dutch passion auto ultimate was airy as. But big as as in fore-arm size buds was bloody happy. This was under 2 x 300w vipaspectra led

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

I have just finished a tent grow with 4 plants in a Hydroponic setup with clay balls and a Viparspectra V900 and am extremely pleased with the result, Previously i was using an HPS 400W and the difference is incredible. though it is also the first time with hydroponics so that may have helped but even the huge drop in temps was worth it.

Z