Led hanging distance. Mars 2 900w

Markus

Apologies to anyone who is seeing this for a second time as I’ve asked the same question in my journal but not everyone follows the journals so I thought it could be better asked here.

Anyway I have some autos in veg at the moment. The plants are healthy but seem to be very much growing out rather than up. My light schedule will be the same throughout the entire grow at 20/4.

The mars website recommends distances of-

Seedlings- 30 inches

Veg 18-24 inches

Flower 12-18 inches

I currently have mine at approx 24 inches. I’m concerned that I’m not going to get much stretch out of them once they do start flowering. Especially since the website recommends bring the light even closer in flower. If they were photoperiod plants I wouldn’t be as worried as the lights being changed to 12/12 would def induce the stretch I believe.

Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks in advance.

post-59991-0-93590000-1509593111_thumb.jpeg

Depends on what u want , better to keep canopy even and expose new growth to lights

Give a top and train the new growth to grow sideways rather then up

The idea is to get the lower growth the same amount of light as the top

Under lights if u let the top get too high the lower buds will be airy

You want all the buds to be dense and your plants to be bushy

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

attachicon.gif5154D4F6-A04B-4634-BC6E-C95B246F73D6.jpeg

I hope so mate. The biggest one here is 10cm tall and 30cm wide

That seems perfect. As said before, usually ppl have the opposite problem. If they are not stretching and you can’t see burn on them then I’d say the light is at a good height.

How are they going now?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

That seems perfect. As said before, usually ppl have the opposite problem. If they are not stretching and you can’t see burn on them then I’d say the light is at a good height.

How are they going now?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

The one that has started flowering has stretched mate whilst the other has stayed quite short and stocky for now. It isn’t showing any preflowers yet though. See my journal

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/78855-mars-2-900w-grow/