CFL or LED lights?

I'm currently using a Mars2 900w led in a 1.2x1.2x2m tent. I chose led because I was worried about the heat from other lights. Living in WA our springs can get quite hot.

So far my complaints are few, I had a really slow start but I believe it was totally my own fault, I'm a virgin grower. The tent temps got too cold at night and I was using tap water that was ph'd.

Since I'm now using carbon filtered water and the tent temps have risen to optimal the plants are growing really well.

I hope some of that helps you.

Sent from my iPad using OZ Stoners

• Upvote 1

might be worth mentioning with LED's most of the panels claim 300w but in actual fact are only drawing 130w from the wall (as an example)

I am looking into viparspectra LED's and the '450w' model is about 200w actual

The reason for this is to stop the cob burning out, if you ran it at 100%, you be lucky to get a year out of your light, this way the right LEDs last 10+ Years: Eg 4 x 90w cob with 4 x 50w drivers is 360w market watts, but actual draw age is 200w.

I do not disclaim anything about this message. I'm quite proud of it, really!

The reason for this is to stop the cob burning out, if you ran it at 100%, you be lucky to get a year out of your light, this way the right LEDs last 10+ Years: Eg 4 x 90w cob with 4 x 50w drivers is 360w market watts, but actual draw age is 200w.

I do not disclaim anything about this message. I'm quite proud of it, really!

What are "market watts"? sounds a bit weird, is it the same as "led watts" whatever they are, sounds weird as well

in reality aren't they a 200w set up, maybe we could use the term "real watts" ie 200 real watts.

tell ya the truth i'm a bit confused about it all

• Upvote 1

I don't understand how a 360w led can compete with a 400w HID.

I've not seen any LED of that or similar size that can compete in coverage with HID.

Greater coverage equals greater yield as far as I'm familiar with .

The right LED has more efficient coverage and penetration than HID. Chlorophyll is best absorbed in the light spectrum at 460nm and at 660nm and is reflected away at about 520-560nm, most HID peak at around 560nm. If your LED has a peak at 460nm and 660nm this will allow the plant to absorb energy from the light while passing through the leaf and continuing down through the plant. A 200w LED garden has proved to equal or greater the yield of 400w HID with 100% quality in oils, with a few small changes in growing techniques.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk