Nutrients

Ok so how do you guys that grow in pots in grow tents measure how much nutrients to feed your plants is it the same but you have a deep saucer.?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

High medical[emoji113]

I am newish to growing and started growing before I was properly set up! So when it's feeding time for me I water outside!

I am looking at building a drain to waste setup where I can water without taking the pots out!

I can't tell ya unfortunately I haven't started yet! lol

Someone will here soon to chime in soon! I'm sure!

GL bro!

Edited by AussieBogan
  • Upvote 1

To better answer your question, sorry bout the last one, I have 4 pots. 28 lt each. Under those pots I have 2 drain trays.

When I water the girls I use a wet/dry vac to remove the runoff. Then its easy as to empty the bucket on a tree or similar.

I hope this was more useful to you.

Thx,

Dog

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Edited by ooodog

I'm assuming you are soilless? Using coco or some such medium? Then it's all about EC measurement. "Electrical conductivity" of a liquid will tell you how much foreign matter is in the water. Foreign matter being the nutrient chemicals. Tap water will be less than 0.1 or 100 ppm. Pure water is 0.0 EC and 0ppm and does not conduct electricity. Believe it or not!To this you add your additives. Silica, Boosters etc. Finally add your A + B nutrients to bring EC up to between 1.0 and 2.2. This will depend on which week of the grow you're at. Most nutrient suppliers will provide a recommended week by week feed schedule to follow.

And don't move the plants to water them or use a wet vac! Cut a 20mm hole in the side of the runoff tray flush with the bottom. Tightly squeeze some 20mm black flex tubing into that hole. If you have 2 or more pots, you can choose to either join the drainage tubes together to create 1, or keep them independent. Run them into a common drain bin. I use one of those 60ltr square storage crates with a yellow lid you can get at Bunnings. They are quite sturdy which they need to be. Ensure the pots are elevated above the height of the bin ( obviously). Gravity is fussy like that. Most importantly, don't be stingey with feeding. Ensure you have a good amount of runoff. Or you will begin to get toxic buildup of salty nutrient in the medium. 30% runoff is a good target.

From here, you can either adjust the ph and ec then pump back to main feed tank ( which I do, especially as I'm getting 30% runoff). Provided you watch that Ph, reusing the nutrient is perfectly fine. Or, you can pump straight out to waste. An Ozito 12v bilge pump from Bunnings is perfect for this as it completely empties the tub. Best pump for indoor growing around. Fast, cheapish($110) and SAFE!! 12v near water rather than 230v. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Edited by Itwasntmemr