Brownie's 7 holes and a tub

I repotted the kids bout 9 days ago before going back to work they were only in seed raising mix and looked like they needed something extra so I mixed up some worm castings and potting mix so now they are 3 weeks old and looking not to bad. The 4 WW×BB seem tt doing pree good so can't wait to get them in ground on the weekend so they all settle in and go off, fingers crossed.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

post-61073-150960786318_thumb.jpg

post-61073-150960789179_thumb.jpg

post-61073-150960791263_thumb.jpg

I mixed up a batch of Dr Greenthumb super soil bout 3 months ago and got some tomatoes going 1 in super soil and 1 in vegie and potting mix to see if much difference in grow mentioned it to Mr's Brown and she said don't forget we got those vege pods ( completely forgot we had them ) so while we had all that wet weather I was making up stands for vege pod and the tub seeing I couldn't do much with the 7 holes. So what a day leveling stands up in the sun all day placed them in possie and little bit to much shade from tree so big branch had to come down to let more valuable sun in, well F me what a mission no chain saw it broke so do it by hand, feeling it now. Anyways levelled up and in position, I've set tub up wicking style and no till thought I would try some auto's and see how they go. Here's some pics on progress soil and seeds going in in a couple of days time.

Cheers all

post-61073-150960951061_thumb.jpg

post-61073-150960953746_thumb.jpg

post-61073-150960955925_thumb.jpg

post-61073-150960958441_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yeh itchy bought the kit and mixed with equal parts of worm castings, vermiculite and peat moss I also added some extra old soil bit of home compost few scoops of blood and bone, dynamic lifter and a few other leftover fertilizers I had and bit more vermiculite. The super soil is for some of the holes and I have a huge esky full of amendments for the tub. It's all in esky to stop mice and rats getting into it, lol

Yeh itchy bought the kit and mixed with equal parts of worm castings, vermiculite and peat moss I also added some extra old soil bit of home compost few scoops of blood and bone, dynamic lifter and a few other leftover fertilizers I had and bit more vermiculite. The super soil is for some of the holes and I have a huge esky full of amendments for the tub. It's all in esky to stop mice and rats getting into it, lol

ok right 

just be a lill careful with adding to a mix that has been most likely tested to know it's all good on plants 

by adding B&B & DL you could of put the mix out of wack , unless your following Doc Greens rec's or something in adding those  

if you wanted to use up stuff i can suggest 2 better ways than just adding to a already balanced mix 

top dressing is much more forgiving than bottle feeding or adding possibly to much in a soil mix 

it's ok to have the composting process happening at the top of the pot but in a soil mix that could 

produce heat which might be to much for a plants root system 

the second is processing the left over amendments though the worm or compost bin or both 

start a compost pile / bin & when compost is 3/4 done . feed that to the worm farm for high quality castings 

any organic matter that go's through a worms gut is a much better product for plants 

this is what you would use in your soil mixing with peat , air & Doc G's nutrient kit 

def good storage is important , don't want bad guys setting up shop in ya soil mix or amendment B4 using them 

i found some resealable food grade 44gal drums on ebay that i store soil mixes in , pretty cheap , might need some cleaning out though 

Cheers thanks for that itchy the mix has been sitting in a drum and the tomatoes are going fine, when I ordered Dr G's ordered wrong 1 sposed to have been bigger mix so just added my own stuff for extra been sitting for good 3 months. The other amendments are from OGS and I will stick to recommend mix when making

Cheers