led cob light pull apart

Micmac re-read this whole thread before u pull .5 out of the 12volt section he said "led driver" and "led power supply" meaning for the fans i would like to see where u came up with this 6watt aquasion? lol making an ass of your maths right there but u keep trying to belittle me go right a head as i bet u have no hands or or actual testing of led lights which brings me to say your

i will edit this: he is running two cobs at 46watts each from a 70-85volt output power driver at 520Mah, He's fan power supply is 12volt 1 amp equals 12watts output power[/quote

Well no u just don'tmake sense ,do you even know what series and parallel do in circuit to the voltage , I wonder

And no my maths isn't floored!

And yes karma is a bitch isn't it?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by micmac

Just out of curiosity do you have any electrical background or reading something u don't understand and trying to instruct others?

And yes I know I wasn't gonna answer but I'm bored and may as well learn about led cob construction,

Hate it I when get some gear that makes me think about shit and want to do stuff when all I want is to veg out on the lounge

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Edited by micmac

So what has that got to with cobs and battery or motors etc can run in series and parallel what I want to know is do you know why and what effect this has on voltage and current, why some have both types of connections, and why do they transition through series and parallel during running from startup?

What effect will happen if u get this wrong, and just for good measure why it is preferable to run at 33 watts and not closer too the rating of 42 watts , Cleary they are meant to run much closer to the max rating allowing for led to perform much more efficiently, maybe this is why you have so many burnouts, maybe your heat sinks aren't capable of handling the heat being generated , not allowing you to run closer to say 40watts without damage?

Maybe you are using the wrong substrate?

Dunno as I said sometimes I find hard to understand what u are on about?

Edited by micmac

So what has that got to with cobs and battery or motors etc can run in series and parallel what I want to know is do you know why and what effect this has on voltage and current, why some have both types of connections, and why do they transition through series and parallel during running from startup?

What effect will happen if u get this wrong, and just for good measure why it is preferable to run at 33 watts and not closer too the rating of 42 watts , Cleary they are meant to run much closer to the max rating allowing for led to perform much more efficiently, maybe this is why you have so many burnouts, maybe your heat sinks aren't capable of handling the heat being generated , not allowing you to run closer to say 40watts without damage?

Maybe you are using the wrong substrate?

Dunno as I said sometimes I find hard to understand what u are on about?

I agree Micmac, They are run at 50-60 % due to heat build up, LED run cool if not pushed and the heat sink can’t release all the heat if the cob was run at 90-100% it’s capability, so cob over heats and stuffs out in no time.

Cheers, Porcha

I do not disclaim anything about this message. I'm quite proud of it, really!