First time hydroponics

pri0015

Hi i currently run 9 plants in coco in a 1mx1m tent with 2×sol-sense 315w cmh. Im heading to my local hydroponic shop next saturday to get a 4 pot wilma system. I have never grown in a re-circ system before. So i was just wondering can anyone give me any info or tips i might need to run this system? Thanks everyone

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Ahh 9 plants in a 1m x 1m tent??? WTF??? you're going to be overgrown even before you even turn 12/12. When you turn your lights to 12/12 you have a massive growth splurt.

In a 1x1m tent I'd recommend 1(ONE) plant. I'm in a 3x3m room and only grow one plant. https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/gallery/image/10063-7/

Some people think more plants = more bud, but this is very, very wrong. There's a fine balance between plant numbers vs grow area vs light vs airflow.

More space = more bud, rather than more plants.

Air circulation is a must to prevent a nice big harvest of mould and with 9 that circulation will be heavily restricted

Plant management is a big part of growing and 9 plants is going to make that management damn near impossible.

Personally I recommend you have a rethink about your plans. In a 1x1m space you only want 1 plant IMO.

Here's a bit of a mudmap of my growspace https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/gallery/image/17477-mud-map-of-room/

I grow SCROG (SCReen Of Green). The netting in that scribble is a heavy steel fencing covered table frame

Here's a diagram of my heart setup https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/gallery/image/17475-heart-setup/

All of my water works are outside of my growspace, making it easier to access and check my fluids at anytime of the day.

Hope it helps

Merl1n

So if you have 9 plants, and you're going into a 4 pot system. I'm guessing you've got to sex them yet and/or reduce the numbers some how, pri?

Can you elaborate more to what you're intentions are in regards to this process, because if you're going down to 4 plants it's important to select the best four to go into this system.

e.g. you don't want to waste a pot on a potential male if you haven't sexed them yet. Best to sort the girls first then go from there.

Ok sorry i probably didnt say it right im flowering 9 plants now im about 4-5 weeks in 12/12 yes its tight wont be doing 9 again ha. Im still new to all this. Also i have 9 plants to get a very different variety. The wilma is is for my next set of plants to grow. Just want to know the most i can before i start also ill be using clay balls

It seems a pretty straight forward system, pir. Which doesn't seem to need much explaining.

Admittedly it looks neat and tidy and somewhat automated. Though there does appear to be a couple of things that have been overlooked.

1) Pots seem a bit small which would hinder attempts to veg a large plant before flipping to flower. You'd be restricted to flip them 6-7 weeks into veg which is quite ample for most folk, but not so much if you're going for something special.

2) Like a few here, I'm not fond of having a reservoir in the grow space because it can raise humidity which is what you want to avoid during budding as it can encourage mold to take hold, and if it's in a small space it'll probably prove to be cumbersome to work around, and because the pots sit on top of the reservoir you lose that in head height in the room/tent. As well as a potential electrical hazard with the res in the room/cab.

Sorry to sound negative about the system. But it might be some other things you may want give some more thought to. But otherwise, if all that isn't a issue with you. I'd say you've found a simple straight forward system that will work for you. :)

• Upvote 1

Ahh 9 plants in a 1m x 1m tent??? WTF??? you're going to be overgrown even before you even turn 12/12. When you turn your lights to 12/12 you have a massive growth splurt.

In a 1x1m tent I'd recommend 1(ONE) plant. I'm in a 3x3m room and only grow one plant. https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/gallery/image/10063-7/

Some people think more plants = more bud, but this is very, very wrong. There's a fine balance between plant numbers vs grow area vs light vs airflow.

More space = more bud, rather than more plants.

Air circulation is a must to prevent a nice big harvest of mould and with 9 that circulation will be heavily restricted

Plant management is a big part of growing and 9 plants is going to make that management damn near impossible.

Personally I recommend you have a rethink about your plans. In a 1x1m space you only want 1 plant IMO.

Here's a bit of a mudmap of my growspace https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/gallery/image/17477-mud-map-of-room/

I grow SCROG (SCReen Of Green). The netting in that scribble is a heavy steel fencing covered table frame

Here's a diagram of my heart setup https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/gallery/image/17475-heart-setup/

All of my water works are outside of my growspace, making it easier to access and check my fluids at anytime of the day.

Hope it helps

Merl1n

Hey Merlin, I’m really keen to get a look at your 1x plant scrog set up buy those links take me to completely unrelated threads?! I’m wondering if there is a corruption when adding a hyperlink. Any other way I can look up your 1x plant scrog? [emoji1374]

Cheers,

Joe

Hey Merlin, I’m really keen to get a look at your 1x plant scrog set up buy those links take me to completely unrelated threads?! I’m wondering if there is a corruption when adding a hyperlink. Any other way I can look up your 1x plant scrog? [emoji1374]

Cheers,

Joe

Same thing happens with me anytime someone posts a link, tripped me out a few times...

Cheers,

Joe

Hey Joe, those links seem to work OK for me, but yea you can go have a look. If you click on my avatar in the left margin next to the post I sent it should take you to my profile page. Again, on the left margin of my profile page is a menu bar. If you scroll down to and click on 'gallery' you should get taken to the same place those links I posted relate to.

Hope it works.

Merl1n