Tunks terrible LED light build.

As I said, I didn't mean offense. It's just when gazza gives advice, it's not always sound or accurate, even though he states in that way. This isn't something I want to waste money on if what he says is not completely accurate, ya dig?

Sorry to say, mate. But if you want to endevour with side projects like this one. You tend to only have two options.

Either keep throwing money at it until it works. Or give up and toss it in the corner with the rest of the "unfinished projects".

You should see all the crap in my shed. lol

You'll be over powering the led's on amperage, your driver supplies 1.4amps your lights max rated input is 1.12amps you will burn them out, if anything u need to be at or under on the amps as this drives the brightness u can use the dimmer but u may go over the limit

Thanks gazz. Fortunately as I said before I know not to trust what you say as accurate and have looked at it myself. Those LED strips input is more like 1.8amp so if I were to get a HLG-480H-C2100B driver it would most probably burn them out at Max input. The one I posted is 320H.... Beauty of having the B type driver is that it is dimmable and can wire a potentiometer to run at half power if someone were inclined to anyway, in case they chose to add an extra couple strips in the future. Which is what I am inclined to do.

Thanks for actually trying to help even if it was to chop me down. Have a good weekend gazz.

https://www.digikey.com/products/en?mpart=SI-B8U521560WW&v=1510

look at that link and u never run LED's at anything even close to full power hence the cobs are rated 150watts we power them to 50watts but have fun burning out the lights prematurely

605059e918c4e4f69fb1b1070d2723f3.jpg

Design 1 is the driver I originally posted. Design 2 is the 420H which I may now purchase instead simply because it gives me opportunity to run double the strips in the future and to show you that you are an idiot.

• Upvote 1