Led help

So I’ve been researching abit to upgrade my current setup. Currently have a small tent 0.5x0.9x1.6 and and 250 hps. I’m able to flower 3 autos quite effectively in that space. I have a cool tube and im able to hold my hand on the glass of it so heat is nil factor.

I’d like to upgrade to a 1x1x2 m tent. Was looking at those mars hydro 2 700 or 900 setups. The 700 for example says it will replace a 350 w hps. I’m not real sure as to what the advantage over a hps is as it also says it pulls 300w out of the wall anyway and will prob heat the tent up more than a hps with a cool tube.

Am I missing something with these led lights? Doesn’t seem like they would be much better if at all.

Cheers!

Markus if your successfully running HPS why would u want LED? people run LED because they cannot deal with HID lighting, if u have the spare cash look at getting the HLG from quickbloom site sponsor

i run LED because they are cool and they are not a fire hazard like HID lighting there is no intense heat from the LED there for it won't cause a fire thru summer on those blistering 50c days

do a search on OSA (this site) for "Mars Flowering Pic" to see what they can do

Edited by Gazza2001au

Markus if your successfully running HPS why would u want LED? people run LED because they cannot deal with HID lighting, if u have the spare cash look at getting the HLG from quickbloom site sponsor

i run LED because they are cool and they are not a fire hazard like HID lighting there is no intense heat from the LED there for it won't cause a fire thru summer on those blistering 50c days

do a search on OSA (this site) for "Mars Flowering Pic" to see what they can do

Hey Gaz I saw your mates grow using the mars. Pretty impressive. I guess I just want a bigger setup. Instead of being able to grow 3 autos at once I’d like about 6. Definately not doable with the 250 hps and my small tent. My plan would be a 1x1x2 tent with one of those mars 2 lights. Either a 700 or 900. I know the leds don’t penetrate that deep into the canopy but with me mainly growing autos that don’t grow that tall it should be ok.

Or I could just get the bigger tent with 400 or 600hps.

What’s your thoughts mate?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Hey Gaz I saw your mates grow using the mars. Pretty impressive. I guess I just want a bigger setup. Instead of being able to grow 3 autos at once I’d like about 6. Definately not doable with the 250 hps and my small tent. My plan would be a 1x1x2 tent with one of those mars 2 lights. Either a 700 or 900. I know the leds don’t penetrate that deep into the canopy but with me mainly growing autos that don’t grow that tall it should be ok.

Or I could just get the bigger tent with 400 or 600hps.

What’s your thoughts mate?

I have a whole collection of tents lol i would love to use my 1x1m over the .9x.5m but the only place for me fits the .9x.5m so if u have the space to run a 1x1m go for it and pick the Mars 900 keep in mind the Mars leds keep the plants small and bushy so doing autos u might find they are 1/2-2/3rd the size of what they are now

I have a whole collection of tents lol i would love to use my 1x1m over the .9x.5m but the only place for me fits the .9x.5m so if u have the space to run a 1x1m go for it and pick the Mars 900 keep in mind the Mars leds keep the plants small and bushy so doing autos u might find they are 1/2-2/3rd the size of what they are now

Hmm ok. It doesn’t sound like I’d be doing much of an upgrade if at all. Not sure if it would be worth it to be honest.

How was your mates mars with producing heat? Do you know whether the unit blows the warm air upwards or downwards?

Sort of takes the advantage away from actually using led though doesn’t it as far as heat and power use. I thought these things ran cooler. Would you say a cool tubed hid runs cooler than these leds?

Sorry for all the questions mate. Trying to decide whether it’s worth spending the money.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners