My solution to roadside drug tests is

Go to fridge grab a can of Jim beam black , take a slug , get into car and quickly finish , after about 10 tests I found that on a empty stomach my alcohol reading was .003 to .004

On a full stomach .002

The theory is that I will register mouth alcohol and have to wait for a secondary test, who cares I got time,after the 15 mins retested and under.

Hopefully having delayed me already a drug test will be the last thing on their mind

So far I haven't been drug tested but had a few spells awaiting the second alcohol test

I know this is the wrong thing but they are stupid laws

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

ps not sure about the " if i really care " bit !

Nothing personal meant - I write that because I've learned that most other ("normal") humans do not care anything like as much as I do about science and the details.

Much as I'd like to be wrong, I doubt that many ozstoners will follow the link and reads someone's PhD dissertation for fun. You really need to care to do that!

• Upvote 1

Nothing personal meant - I write that because I've learned that most other ("normal") humans do not care anything like as much as I do about science and the details.

Much as I'd like to be wrong, I doubt that many ozstoners will follow the link and reads someone's PhD dissertation for fun. You really need to care to do that!

Ahhh ok fare enough 

can't speak for everybody but your right , i wouldn't read dissertation for fun 

but will if i think there's something worth knowing or just following the rabbit ! 

currant one , mono and sesquiterpenes & mode of consumption , sound like fun 

if your a joint smoker you want sesquiterpenes , these will hold in the joint as you consume , more so than the mono's

so the last toke is not to dissimilar to the first , mono's in a joint are flashed off with the first few tugs 

You can safely assume that contact with your mouth has very little to do with detectable levels in a saliva sample an hour or two later - that test may well have been negative but the explanation is unlikely to have anything to do with the route of administration other than the slower rise in concentration for absorption from the gut compared to absorption from the lungs.

Salivary glands are metabolically active organs and their secretions end up containing a sample of what's circulating in the peripheral blood for many drugs, especially fat soluble ones like active THC. The test relies on the physiology of the gland that causes any circulating THC to be secreted into any sample at levels at or above the threshold for a few hours after ingestion or inhalation.

The route of administration will influence the concentration of active ingredients over time as we all know but no matter how it was administered - oral, vapour, smoke or suppository, it will all end up circulating and will all end up in the tested saliva. Mouthwash and so on might dilute the sample if the copper does not properly follow the collection procedure but the test relies on THC secreted in the saliva, not THC hanging around in the mouth from smoke or vapour.

Info in this thread suggests that THC does not cross the blood barrier into saliva, so edibles do not show up.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/index.php?/topic/77985-Topicals,-Edibles-and-roadside-drug-tests

Info in this thread suggests that THC does not cross the blood barrier into saliva, so edibles do not show up.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/index.php?/topic/77985-Topicals,-Edibles-and-roadside-drug-tests

That is some interesting stuff, would love to see some of these devices they use held up to the rigours of a scientific analysis so we the public could know a bit more.

I can only pass on my experience. I got tested on the way into Mardi-grass at nimbin. It was a 40km trip from where I was to nimbin. Of course I had a doobie for breakfast - ok, a couple of doobies. It was my first drug test and I was sweating bullets because my boot was full of ‘good karma’ that I was wanting to gift to others. The cop was a bully boy and had no patience for my nervousness. But it came back clean. No way that could have come back clean. I have thought about it and came up with the following conclusions; a) they weren’t testing for thc B) they were only interested in things that weren’t thc. Idk.

I can only pass on my experience. I got tested on the way into Mardi-grass at nimbin. It was a 40km trip from where I was to nimbin. Of course I had a doobie for breakfast - ok, a couple of doobies. It was my first drug test and I was sweating bullets because my boot was full of ‘good karma’ that I was wanting to gift to others. The cop was a bully boy and had no patience for my nervousness. But it came back clean. No way that could have come back clean. I have thought about it and came up with the following conclusions; a) they weren’t testing for thc B) they were only interested in things that weren’t thc. Idk.

Man can I rub your belly for luck?

• Upvote 1