Borderline Personality Disorder + personal grow

PeterMossington

Question

I've been diagnosed originally with Bipolar 2, but this has since been changed to borderline personality disorder.

I'm growing Jack Herer (sativa dominant hybrid) and Amnesia Haze (indicta dominant hybrid).

It seems the prevailing wisdom is that an early harvest sativa is good for this condition during the day, but when you can't sleep at night, a late harvest indicta, higher in CBD (amber trichromes) is a good fit.

Does anyone have any other strains to suggest?

I've heard girl scout cookies and laughing buddah are a good match as well to bring you out of a depressive funk.

I've been diagnosed originally with Bipolar 2, but this has since been changed to borderline personality disorder.

I'm growing Jack Herer (sativa dominant hybrid) and Amnesia Haze (indicta dominant hybrid).

It seems the prevailing wisdom is that an early harvest sativa is good for this condition during the day, but when you can't sleep at night, a late harvest indicta, higher in CBD (amber trichromes) is a good fit.

Does anyone have any other strains to suggest?

I've heard girl scout cookies and laughing buddah are a good match as well to bring you out of a depressive funk.

Sorry to inform you mate but Amnesia Haze is is a sativa dominant strain.

This is about using cannabis as a treatment for a mental illness not pain or physical illness so for some this will be just a post but for those out there like me i hope it makes sence.

As a reasonably long term sufferer of BiPolar 2 (Rapid Cycle - means usually 8 or 9 cycles a year) for the last 52 years since diagnosed I will express my Ideas for you but these are my ideas only please research your illness your self of YOURSELF.

First realise "you have an illness" that is normaly due to a chemical imbalance in the brain. There are some very good legal meds [Mood Stabalisers] out there your doctor can prescribe that will help to correct that imbalance BUT they are designed to level you out so that you are more NORMAL, the problem here is that you are not normal "you have an illness". Your brain has been (looking for word - grown?) conditioned to function with this imbalance and if your like me the legal meds just make me feel like I'm "not me".

Yes they control my highs by dulling my brain from say a 45 out of 10 down to a 5 out of 10 , and my lows are brought back up to a 5 from say a minus 45. This just makes me a lvl 5 zombie but accordinging to some doctors a NORMAL zombie. So I personnaly dont take any meds for my bipolar BUT i do take a Antidepressant at a fairly high dose that manages my anxiaty and depression in the transistion. I also suppliment my own treatment with cannabis.

Cannabis is not a cure for me it is a way that i can get through the times that the legal drugs can't control. I LIKE MY HIGHS, i get a lot done, my creativity is of the charts and i dont have to do anything but be myself. I can even manage my LOWS to a certain degree by accepting the fact that i'm down but "it too shall pass". Unfortunatly for everyone around me my highs can sometimes be like the edge of a razer blade and my lows like quicksand. I dont have many friends so i like to keep as many as i can. So I use cannnabis to manage the sharp so it doesnt cut and as a rope to help get out of the quicksand. As the scars on my body will attest to there is such a thing as TOO high and TOO low. This is where self medication comes in.

Yes i use a good CBD content to take the edge of my highs and help with sleep when neccesary and a nice THC to help the lows when neccesary.
(and to get shitfaced occasionaly for the shear enjoyment of it like everyone else lol ) but it is not a cure, it will not make me the same as everyone else and it wont work on its own. Yes if you smoke enough then you can mask the symptoms but its like painting over rust, it will NOT stop the rust and some will eventually break through the paint and then what will you do.

Sorry for the rant but if you take anything from this it is.....

Yes smoking cannabis can change your life for the better if used in conjunction with a good doctor and support from friends but it will not stop the underlying truth - we both have an illness - so used as a medication it is the best thing since sliced bread. Used as a coat of paint it will make the world see you as fresh and new as you rust from the inside.

So before you start to research decide ----- Medication or Paint.

PS: as for strain i like to try a lot of variation so my body does not build resistance to one thing. Believe me you will know when you find the right one.

Just MY opinion.

• Upvote 5

This is about using cannabis as a treatment for a mental illness not pain or physical illness so for some this will be just a post but for those out there like me i hope it makes sence.

As a reasonably long term sufferer of BiPolar 2 (Rapid Cycle - means usually 8 or 9 cycles a year) for the last 52 years since diagnosed I will express my Ideas for you but these are my ideas only please research your illness your self of YOURSELF.

First realise "you have an illness" that is normaly due to a chemical imbalance in the brain. There are some very good legal meds [Mood Stabalisers] out there your doctor can prescribe that will help to correct that imbalance BUT they are designed to level you out so that you are more NORMAL, the problem here is that you are not normal "you have an illness". Your brain has been (looking for word - grown?) conditioned to function with this imbalance and if your like me the legal meds just make me feel like I'm "not me".

Yes they control my highs by dulling my brain from say a 45 out of 10 down to a 5 out of 10 , and my lows are brought back up to a 5 from say a minus 45. This just makes me a lvl 5 zombie but accordinging to some doctors a NORMAL zombie. So I personnaly dont take any meds for my bipolar BUT i do take a Antidepressant at a fairly high dose that manages my anxiaty and depression in the transistion. I also suppliment my own treatment with cannabis.

Cannabis is not a cure for me it is a way that i can get through the times that the legal drugs can't control. I LIKE MY HIGHS, i get a lot done, my creativity is of the charts and i dont have to do anything but be myself. I can even manage my LOWS to a certain degree by accepting the fact that i'm down but "it too shall pass". Unfortunatly for everyone around me my highs can sometimes be like the edge of a razer blade and my lows like quicksand. I dont have many friends so i like to keep as many as i can. So I use cannnabis to manage the sharp so it doesnt cut and as a rope to help get out of the quicksand. As the scars on my body will attest to there is such a thing as TOO high and TOO low. This is where self medication comes in.

Yes i use a good CBD content to take the edge of my highs and help with sleep when neccesary and a nice THC to help the lows when neccesary.

(and to get shitfaced occasionaly for the shear enjoyment of it like everyone else lol ) but it is not a cure, it will not make me the same as everyone else and it wont work on its own. Yes if you smoke enough then you can mask the symptoms but its like painting over rust, it will NOT stop the rust and some will eventually break through the paint and then what will you do.

Sorry for the rant but if you take anything from this it is.....

Yes smoking cannabis can change your life for the better if used in conjunction with a good doctor and support from friends but it will not stop the underlying truth - we both have an illness - so used as a medication it is the best thing since sliced bread. Used as a coat of paint it will make the world see you as fresh and new as you rust from the inside.

So before you start to research decide ----- Medication or Paint.

PS: as for strain i like to try a lot of variation so my body does not build resistance to one thing. Believe me you will know when you find the right one.

Just MY opinion.

Thanks for sharing Knarfman!

Takes ball's to admit! Let alone share and advise!

Props bro! [emoji111]

• Upvote 1